• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade David Fletcher and Max Stassi to the Braves for Evan White and Tyler Thomas

mmc

Suck for suck and the Halos save some pocket change.

Did the Braves owe Perry a favor?

If Fletcher or Stassi become serviceable players for the Braves, then they are indeed an elite franchise.

I guess Stassi could be a serviceable 2 or 3 catcher...WTF knows!

3 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Suck for suck and the Halos save some pocket change.

Did the Braves owe Perry a favor?

If Fletcher or Stassi become serviceable players for the Braves, then they are indeed an elite franchise.

I guess Stassi could be a serviceable 2 or 3 catcher...WTF knows!

I don’t see the upside for the Braves….🤷‍♂️….but AA is a smart cookie….

It's a marginal trade that makes more sense for the Angels than the Braves.  

What were the Angels going to do with Stassi?  Make him the backup?  Then what with Thaiss?  Thaiss is the equivalent of baseball free as a mediocre backup C with a little room to still be better.  

If Fletcher were anywhere near the opening day roster, it was a bad off season.  Evan White is an excellent defender with options who was rushed to the bigs and injured.  Sometimes those guys figure things out at 27/28.  Most times they don't.  

Save a few bucks for a guy with the off chance that he provides some actual value to your major league team vs. two other guys who had almost no shot of that.  

28 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I don’t see the upside for the Braves….🤷‍♂️….but AA is a smart cookie….

It saves them $0.5M. More if they flip Stassi and get the other team to take on some of his money.

They also get a utility infielder. Fletch is perfect for them because their 4 infielders play every single day. So he provides good defense off the bench and is a good dude in the clubhouse.

The Angels got cheaper and worse. But I'm with Doc, I think there's still something undiscovered in White. And taking Stassi may hurt the pitching staff, but I also think Thaiss wore down last season. He was one of the best hitting catchers in baseball in the first half. A rested Thaiss and O'Hoppe playing regularly gives the Angels a legitimate shot at having one of the best offensive outputs from catcher in all of baseball. 

12 hours ago, BTH said:

It saves them $0.5M. More if they flip Stassi and get the other team to take on some of his money.

They also get a utility infielder. Fletch is perfect for them because their 4 infielders play every single day. So he provides good defense off the bench and is a good dude in the clubhouse.

I guess that’s possible. But Fletcher has been bad since 2020 and Stassi is an inactive year removed from hitting .180. Can’t imagine either has much value to the Braves or anybody else. What we got back was worse….shuffling money, I guess…🤷‍♂️

Funny some of the comments. If we made a swap of 2 marginal players (one of whom may be a reasonable bullpen piece) and received Fletcher and Stassi, who both increase the payroll, this thread would be white hot nuclear. 

Not unusual, most fans overvalue their own team’s players, especially those that are likeable. 

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

80% chance Fletch figures out his hitting woes in ATL and goes back to being an All Star.

Fletcher has consistently said he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with his hitting. Will be interesting to see if the Braves can convince him what the Angels couldn’t. 

24 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Fletcher has consistently said he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with his hitting. Will be interesting to see if the Braves can convince him what the Angels couldn’t. 

Fletcher has consistently said he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with his hitting. Will be interesting to see if the Braves can convince him what the Angels couldn’t.

Glad you mentioned this, everyone loved this guy and to hear him think it’s ok to hit a weak pop up  instead of taking pitches to draw a walk once in a while.

Good luck David.