• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Washington’s staff

Hubs

Lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/12/10/shohei-ohtani-rumors-free-agent-mlb-reporters/71867634007/

"Clint Hurdle was all set to join Angels manager Ron Washington’s staff as bench coach, but Hurdle could never bridge the financial gap. There would have been at least 15 bench coaches earning more money if he had accepted the job, despite 17 years of managerial experience. "

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/12/10/shohei-ohtani-rumors-free-agent-mlb-reporters/71867634007/

"Clint Hurdle was all set to join Angels manager Ron Washington’s staff as bench coach, but Hurdle could never bridge the financial gap. There would have been at least 15 bench coaches earning more money if he had accepted the job, despite 17 years of managerial experience. "

Penny wise, pound foolish. We got Monty instead.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that i don't think having montgomery instead of hurdle will make us better or worse this coming season.

and i will die on this hill.

Being cheap in everything non player salary related is why this team is where it is. Bring me Joe Lacob. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:18 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.

Arte is still being cheap. What a surprise.

I'm surprised he didn't give the bench coach role to an unpaid intern.

On 12/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.

lol..

I mean, I get the point is that the Angels aren't willing to pay here, but just how much should a team pay for 17 years of managerial experience that resulted in five winning seasons.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

lol..

I mean, I get the point is that the Angels aren't willing to pay here, but just how much should a team pay for 17 years of managerial experience that resulted in five winning seasons.

Or how much should they pay for 17 years of managerial experience when he won’t be a manager. I think he should have been paid more than the average bench coach but what is a bench coach making, $150-200k a year?

Hopefully this post doesn’t age well.

We may look back on this as the moment things started to go south for Washington’s tenure with the Angels. The guys choice for bench coach is shot down because the team wouldn’t offer a median salary for the position. The job is then filled by the GM’s eyes and ears in the dugout who kept tabs on the last two managers who were ultimately fired.

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

lol..

I think a median salary is a reasonable expectation given that the guy has 17 years in a more senior role. If you want to argue with him being a bad choice then the issue is choosing a manager who wants to hire bad coaches.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think a median salary is a reasonable expectation given that the guy has 17 years in a more senior role. If you want to argue with him being a bad choice then the issue is choosing a manager who wants to hire bad coaches.

The article states there would be at least 15 bench coaches that stood to make more -- I'm assuming it was close to the median. 

Honestly I don't have an opinion what he's actually worth. I think the Angels being cheap here is LOL on them, I just also find a guy that was under .500 12 times talking up his experience as if he was Casey Stengel or someone to also be kind of LOL.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:18 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.

Moreno being Moreno 

Pay the players, screw the infrastructure.

• 4 weeks later...