• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Washington’s staff

Hubs

While I wasn’t happy with the hiring, mainly because of off the field stuff that I remembered and his age. But I was encouraged by the staff rumored solid mix of veterans and young coaches. There was no mention of a pitching coach or bullpen coach that I saw 

Two former Angels to me fit the bill. Dan Haren has been a pitching strategist for the D’Backs for the past few seasons and was a young pitcher for the A’s while Washington was on the staff.

And of course if they could pry Percy away from UCR. Don’t know if he’d do that for the bullpen job, but perhaps as a pitching coach .

20 hours ago, Hubs said:

While I wasn’t happy with the hiring, mainly because of off the field stuff that I remembered and his age. But I was encouraged by the staff rumored solid mix of veterans and young coaches. There was no mention of a pitching coach or bullpen coach that I saw 

Two former Angels to me fit the bill. Dan Haren has been a pitching strategist for the D’Backs for the past few seasons and was a young pitcher for the A’s while Washington was on the staff.

And of course if they could pry Percy away from UCR. Don’t know if he’d do that for the bullpen job, but perhaps as a pitching coach .

If you would like to know more about Mr. Washington read article in next month's AARP magazine. If you do not get magazine go to your local senior center.

53 minutes ago, totdprods said:

With the A’s, Chili’s teams finished first twice and second once in three seasons, two times with arguably a Top 3 AL offense.

Following that, he was with Boston, who finished 5th, 1st, and 1st. They scored the 4th most runs, most runs in AL, and 6th most in AL.

On to the second place Cubs for a year, 4th most runs. Then the Mets, who finished 3rd and 4th (7th in runs both years) before being canned early in the ‘21 season when the team wasn’t scoring.

Not sure how much you can really set results to a coach, but his track record was consistently pretty great up until New York. 

Thank you for putting this together @totdprods. We saw a bunch of replies saying Chili Davis was terrible as a hitting coach and I looked briefly at his track record and saw nothing but success. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thank you for putting this together @totdprods. We saw a bunch of replies saying Chili Davis was terrible as a hitting coach and I looked briefly at his track record and saw nothing but success. 

Anything that touches the Mets tends to be terrible it seems so I’m not putting a lot of stock into those years. 

His teams were basically averaged out to top 3 in their league 2012-2018. That’s a heck of a run.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

With the A’s, Chili’s teams finished first twice and second once in three seasons, two times with arguably a Top 3 AL offense.

Following that, he was with Boston, who finished 5th, 1st, and 1st. They scored the 4th most runs, most runs in AL, and 6th most in AL.

On to the second place Cubs for a year, 4th most runs. Then the Mets, who finished 3rd and 4th (7th in runs both years) before being canned early in the ‘21 season when the team wasn’t scoring.

Not sure how much you can really set results to a coach, but his track record was consistently pretty great up until New York. 

Chili Davis has been one of my favorite people ever since he put Jim Edmonds into a wall.