• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants interview female coach for manager position

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have had some really good bosses in my lifetime, a couple of my favorites were two women. I loved working under and along side them. Great leadership and strong women that had their employees backs.

There's no reason a woman cannot do the same type of job as a manager than a man, though I guess my only question would be her experience and how she navigates through a roster of just men. 

I will also say this. Just because I may align with some of your ideologies it doesn't mean I will respect you if you're an asshole. 

I first liked him because he was an ex-ballplayer that was into guns, bourbon and a conservative. 

Once he started acting like a dick on social media, I was like GTFO. I have really good friends on both sides of the political isle. If you're a shitbag we can't be friends. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

as long as they can do the job

And is it not a fair question to at least consider whether “the job” includes trying to get dumb jocks in the clubhouse to accept them and not undermine them, which would ultimately have an effect on wins and losses?  That isn’t any reflection on the female manager, of course, but it’s probably a fair consideration if your group of players can handle their part of the job.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

And is it not a fair question to at least consider whether “the job” includes trying to get dumb jocks in the clubhouse to accept them and not undermine them, which would ultimately have an effect on wins and losses?  That isn’t any reflection on the female manager, of course, but it’s probably a fair consideration if your group of players can handle their part of the job.

Of course it’s a consideration for any team that would like to hire her or anyone. 

It would be challenging for a woman to manage a team of men, but I have no problem with a female manager. Those of you making period jokes or what not are ridiculous.

If she's the best person for the job, then she should be the candidate. Nothing says you have to have a penis to manage a major league club.

If there were a woman who wanted to play 2nd base and could field, and hit like a major league player, there would be no issues from me there either. If she won the job, then let her play. Baseball is not a contact sport, so it's fine.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have had some really good bosses in my lifetime, a couple of my favorites were two women. I loved working under and along side them. Great leadership and strong women that had their employees backs.

There's no reason a woman cannot do the same type of job as a manager than a man, though I guess my only question would be her experience and how she navigates through a roster of just men. 

Chuck is woke! JK.

Women tend to be way better at handling stress and multitasking than men. Like Aburey Putz said, "It's science."

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe they should ease her into the job.  Like have her manage the team three weeks a month?

Come to think of it that shouldn’t even be a question.  She should manage three weeks a month.  Period.

Is that roughly how long your period is?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I will also say this. Just because I may align with some of your ideologies it doesn't mean I will respect you if you're an asshole. 

I first liked him because he was an ex-ballplayer that was into guns, bourbon and a conservative. 

Once he started acting like a dick on social media, I was like GTFO. I have really good friends on both sides of the political isle. If you're a shitbag we can't be friends. 

I think I started to follow the guy BECAUSE of the crazy..   Dude is out there.  It's always good to know who the crazies are.

Major league familiarity and experience is a big part of managing. As are the motivational and communicative skills. Usually managers earn their way working up the ladder. Not always, but mostly. 

Everything should be about merit. Being better (at least in theory) than the other competitors for the job. Which is often sabotaged by favoritism and personal relationships. Outsiders have a tougher path. If she's the best candidate then the opportunity should be allowed. She may be technically solid with baseball knowledge, but is lacking in the other more intangibles things. But who knows? 

I could bring up cultural, demographic and political factors in this instance, but that's another story. However, if she is given the chance it will be a lot of pressure on the entire organization. If winning on the field is the priority. 

43 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If you are smart enough to clearly know it’s a joke, but jokes bother you, then be smart enough to hide in your basement to protect yourself from jokes.

It's stupid and sexist. It's not offensive to me cuz I don't have a period. Sometimes I think you all haven't mentally aged beyond the age of 14.

Let's face it you do not have to be an Ivy league school graduate to be a baseball manager. You fill out a lineup card and players take the field and play. Teams rarely bunt but anymore or hit and run. Pitching coaches take care of pitchers and batting coaches the hitters. Bullpen coach takes care of BP. After 90 to a 100 pitches manager takes out pitcher or if it's third time thru the batting order. Managers do interview after game, yeah, we played well, and his slider was working tonight. What really does a manager do that is so hard. Anyone on AW could do these things. Managers in baseball are overrated.