• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is more likely to happen in the next year?

Taylor

More Likely Pole  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is more likely to happen?

• Arte sells the team
    • Rendon retires, or gets dropped or traded

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/anthony-rendon-ready-for-2023-after-wrist-hip-surgeries

“Even if the season doesn’t work out or the next four years don’t work out, I’m planning for taking care of my kids when they get older. Hip surgeries, wrist surgeries, ankle surgeries … I want to play with them when they are 10, 12, 15 years old.

Given his comments regarding his "nagging" injury history & his want to spend more time with his children...I think it's more likely, at this point, that he retires...

37 minutes ago, AngelsMetsWS said:

I think they hang into Rendon for at least another year hoping for a rebound. 

I think they probably will, too, but at this point, who even knows what a "rebound" year for him would look like?  By the time next season starts, it will have been 4 1/2 years since he played regularly for more than a two-month stretch. 

33 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think they probably will, too, but at this point, who even knows what a "rebound" year for him would look like?  By the time next season starts, it will have been 4 1/2 years since he played regularly for more than a two-month stretch. 

I also think it’s worth questioning whether he should play 3B anymore.

He made countless throwing errors at 3B this year, when he did play.

38 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I haven’t checked the numbers but my impression is he’s been at least OK when on the field. Not all star caliber anymore but at least a solid major leaguer. If they have to pay him anyway, May as well have him play. 

1 minute ago, AngelsMetsWS said:

I haven’t checked the numbers but my impression is he’s been at least OK when on the field. Not all star caliber anymore but at least a solid major leaguer. If they have to pay him anyway, May as well have him play. 

Since 2021, in 148 games, he's hit .235/.338/.364 for a 94 OPS.  So he's still getting on base at a decent clip due to a solid walk rate, but he's shown virtually no power and (as BTH mentioned) his defense at 3B has really declined the past couple years.

2 hours ago, khouse said:

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/anthony-rendon-ready-for-2023-after-wrist-hip-surgeries

“Even if the season doesn’t work out or the next four years don’t work out, I’m planning for taking care of my kids when they get older. Hip surgeries, wrist surgeries, ankle surgeries … I want to play with them when they are 10, 12, 15 years old.

Given his comments regarding his "nagging" injury history & his want to spend more time with his children...I think it's more likely, at this point, that he retires...

He isn’t gonna walk away from the money

I think Rendon is more likely to fuck off or get yeeted off the club.  Arte doesn’t seem like he’s finished with owning a baseball team.  He might not ever.  He enjoys it.  For better or worse I think we’re stuck with him for a while longer. 

to be clear, I don’t think either is likely next season. 

Rendon might be done as a replacement level player but he isn't done collecting the $89M that will be owed to him over the next 3 years and he isn't getting traded unless it's for another crap contract.  I would absolutely love for someone to be able to bump my comment because I'm wrong but like Pujols this financial turd will continue to circle the drain until his contract is up.  So in the next year between the two I'd say it's more likely Arte sells the team as opposed to them cutting Rendon which I could see happening after 2024.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Rendon might be done as a replacement level player but he isn't done collecting the $89M that will be owed to him over the next 3 years and he isn't getting traded unless it's for another crap contract.  I would absolutely love for someone to be able to bump my comment because I'm wrong but like Pujols this financial turd will continue to circle the drain until his contract is up.  So in the next year between the two I'd say it's more likely Arte sells the team as opposed to them cutting Rendon which I could see happening after 2024.

38 mil per year. Plus any signing bonus money still owed.

That's like asking, which is more likely to happen:

1) Scarlett Johannson and Margot Robbie show up at my door, insisting on swooping me away for a weekend of Dionysian revelry in a chalet in Mallorca.

2) The Democrat and Republican parties have a joint press conference, apologizing for losing sight of serving the people who elected them in favor of their Annunaki overlords, and start actually helping the American people.

46 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

That's like asking, which is more likely to happen:

1) Scarlett Johannson and Margot Robbie show up at my door, insisting on swooping me away for a weekend of Dionysian revelry in a chalet in Mallorca.

I think that sentence points to you having zero interest in either of them.