• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Randal Grichuk and CJ Cron for Jake Madden and Mason Albright (option Cabbage, DFA Padlo, place Ward on 60-day IL)

mmc

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

They're better than Cabbage and Padlo.

Again, more people shitting on Velazquez. He can't hit and he's had a few flubs, but he made at least one play today that saved a run. The glove plays and we have plenty of offense, including some from guys not great at fielding. Velazquez helps with that late in games. Eduardo Escobar's OPS is about the same and he's already down -0.5 WAR. He needs to pick it up.

It's about time.  His defense hasn't exactly been stellar lately.

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Granted I don't know shit about our prospects; but does losing Jake Madden and Mason Albright really hurt our organization? I mean we are only 5 GB in the division and less than that in the WC? We have to prove to Ohtani that we are going all in. 

We are definitely going to be left holding the bag if we miss.

They have to get in and they have maybe a 10-15% chance at getting as things currently stand. I’m actually very bullish that they CAN make it. But I would not bet on it.

Gonna need some luck for once

Honestly do people even look at our prospects? yeah we lost a few guys but the farm system has not be burned down!

Quero, his hit tool and eye is solid, but a lack of power and position limits him and he's been struggle this season. 

Bush, up in the air. could be the one guy that could hurt.

Madden, Big stuff but can't control it. Big upside but big risk

Albright, 4/5th stater potential.

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's about time.  His defense hasn't exactly been stellar lately.

It hasn't been the level it was last year and he's blown a couple like anyone could, but he's still better defensively than basically anybody on the active roster. Rengifo is our next best option and he's proclivity for bad bone-headed moves in the field are only tolerable when he's hitting, and thankfully he is right now. 

I've rarely seen as positive a reaction to an Angels facebook post.   It's like people don't know who they are as players... now.  

I'm not shitting on the deal.  Meh.   Just amused at all the welcome back posts, etc...   I don't see one complaint about Arte Moreno or comment about the name change two decades ago.  It's weird.   For that, I may be thankful.

6 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Granted I don't know shit about our prospects; but does losing Jake Madden and Mason Albright really hurt our organization? I mean we are only 5 GB in the division and less than that in the WC? We have to prove to Ohtani that we are going all in. 

I really liked both, but they're so far back still it's not like they're irreplaceable. This is why we drafted 20 pitchers! Just might need to do it again next year.

After losing Ward and Ohtani's cramp scare the other night, this has to be a big morale boost to the guys in the clubhouse. There had to have been a little bit of worry setting in that they had lost their momentum coming out of Detroit. 

Hoping they can take 2/3 in Atlanta and 3 out of 4 against Seattle. Bring it!

15 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

The Angels don't need to prove shit to Ohtani. They need to win games and Ohtani can come along for the ride. These guys make it so they can continue forward and not fall out of the race but it has nothing to do with Ohtani, it has to do with finally getting to the playoffs.