• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Randal Grichuk and CJ Cron for Jake Madden and Mason Albright (option Cabbage, DFA Padlo, place Ward on 60-day IL)

mmc

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels don't need to prove shit to Ohtani. They need to win games and Ohtani can come along for the ride. These guys make it so they can continue forward and not fall out of the race but it has nothing to do with Ohtani, it has to do with finally getting to the playoffs.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

I thought this was a joke at first.

Grichuk is having a flukey season, probably Coors-induced. His true talent level is 2021-22, about .250/.290/.420...in other words, replacement level. Cron is Cron. Both hack and are basically in the Renfroe/Moustakas/Drury school of hitting. We must have the league record for low average, low walk, some pop guys.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Man, I hate this trade. It smacks of desperation. Plus, both Albright and Madden are sneak upside prospects. 

If you haven't noticed, most of the fucking team is on the IL. 

Fuck it, they have the pitching to try and win tight games like today and Grichuk and Cron raise the floor with veterans that know how to play instead of a bunch of 4A guys that can't. This team went from one of the youngest to now veteran. That should hold the fort for a while waiting for Trout, Drury, Neto, O'Hoppe and (I hate to mention his name) Rendon to return.  

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Man, I hate this trade. It smacks of desperation. Plus, both Albright and Madden are sneak upside prospects. 

Have fun with it..  I like to pretend that Perry is in his office blasting "The Roof is on Fire" looking over the prospects list as the song reaches the "we don't need no water let the MOFO burrrrrn" part.

If they can just hang in there until the end of August....schedule has a couple lighter series in September and this team could be well-stocked. 

4 against Cleveland, 3 against Seattle, 3 against Detroit, 3 against Minnesota, 6 against Oakland....19 games against teams scratching to stay at .500 at best. Toronto has a brutal September. Their last 19 games to close the year are against Texas, Boston, and the Yankees and Rays 6 games apiece.

Ohtani, Giolito, Detmers, Sandoval, Canning are a very solid 5, and Anderson's been pitching much better. 

Outfield of Moniak/Grichuk, Trout, and Renfroe
Infield of Moustakas/Rengifo, Neto, Drury, and Cron/Moustakas with Rendon maybe doing something? 
O'Hoppe and Thaiss behind the plate. Not bad.

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I hope I'm wrong and these guys fuel a real playoff run, but Minasian is gutting the farm. Four of the top 20 prospect traded, all on rentals and none with high-end impact.

Not liking this.

These 2 can be replaced. Remember halo farm system ranked very low. Minasian and Arte all.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And yet they ranked third in MLB in walks coming into this weekend and are currently 5th while leading the AL with 370 to the Rangers 367.

It is weird, ain't it? You look at the lineup, especially now, and most guys are hackers. We really need Trout back. Rendon would help, too (in theory). Losing Ward really sucks.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If they can just hang in there until the end of August....schedule has a couple lighter series in September and this team could be well-stocked. 

4 against Cleveland, 3 against Seattle, 3 against Detroit, 3 against Minnesota, 6 against Oakland....19 games against teams scratching to stay at .500 at best. 

Ohtani, Giolito, Detmers, Sandoval, Canning are a very solid 5, and Anderson's been pitching much better. 

Outfield of Moniak/Grichuk, Trout, and Renfroe
Infield of Moustakas/Rengifo, Neto, Drury, and Cron/Moustakas with Rendon maybe doing something? 
O'Hoppe and Thaiss behind the plate. Not bad.

What if Minasian really shocks everyone and get Verlander.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

These 2 can be replaced. Remember halo farm system ranked very low. Minasian and Arte all.

Madden has really good potential. I really liked when they drafted Albright, but he stuttered at first. These two are going to hurt in a couple years when Cron and Grichuk are long gone.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Have fun with it..  I like to pretend that Perry is in his office blasting "The Roof is on Fire" looking over the prospects list as the song reaches the "we don't need no water let the MOFO burrrrrn" part.

He's obviously going all-in, but this is going to hurt as soon as next year. I'm almost more bummed about losing Madden/Albright than Quero (because of O'Hoppe).

I mean .. I guess?

I appreciate that Minasian is doing what he can to win.  Likely his boss is telling him to win by any means necessary - hence, the prospect cost, Arte agreeing to go over the luxury tax, etc.

In terms of the long-term organizational health, well, it comes down to one thing really right?  Even if we don't make the playoffs, if this somehow impresses Ohtani and shows him that this organization will do whatever it can to win and he signs long-term, then you can say it was definitely worth the prospect cost.  If he leaves, and we just traded a number of prospects (including a very promising catcher) for nothing, well .. ouch.

Here is hoping this all leads to Ohtani staying and/or winning the World Series this year.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Madden has really good potential. I really liked when they drafted Albright, but he stuttered at first. These two are going to hurt in a couple years when Cron and Grichuk are long gone.

How many losing seasons do you want to see. Time to go all-in. The decision has been made cannot stop now.