• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels talking to the Nats about Jeimer Candelario

mmc

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

yea, I see it different with O’Hoppe and that is even if he comes back in 2-3 weeks, which I believe is being optimistic, he won’t be “up to game speed” right away.  I think we can upgrade Wallach, maybe even Thaiss.  

And Thaiss can replace Escobar’s spot so we keep him in the fold.

We were super lucky O’Hoppe opened the year as good as he did, but I’m still a little leery about him picking up where he left off. Also have this uneasy feeling that he’s rushing back.

Back-up vet catcher should not be too expensive or difficult to nab. Austin Hedges? Someone with good defense to hold running game late innings. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

Why?  15 hr, 46 rbi, 12 sb, and a .317 ba.  Those numbers would look pretty sweet for us at 1B, all on the remainder of a 10 mil contract.  

This season Bellinger is in the 34th percentile in barrel rate, 12th percentile hard-hit rate, 38th percentile walk rate, and 48th percentile expected wOBA...

Which is a far cry from his NL MVP season (4 years ago) when he was 88th, 86th, 95th, and 100th respectively...

His numbers have been solid over the first half of this season, but his swings in performance are huge and frustrating (and due for a regression in the 2nd half)...

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don’t think we need this guy. 

Wouldn't call it a "need" either but adding a high end third baseman would certainly put us over the top as it's been one of our least productive positions, if the cost isn't too much I think it's worth looking into

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

Competing teams always need catcher depth this time of year, and the Yanks are down Trevino and Tampa is down Mejia. Nabbing someone now builds our depth and potential prevents them from adding to theirs (unless of course they claim Wallach), and by searching for a catcher now, they are at least affording themselves more time and a deeper pool to work from, as opposed late-September.

You can now add Texas to this too, as their All-Star catcher Jonah Heim was ILed today with a wrist strain.

He’ll miss 2-3 weeks and see if season-ending surgery can be avoided. He’s caught 75% of the Rangers innings this year.

Edited by totdprods

24 minutes ago, totdprods said:

You can now add Texas to this too, as their All-Star catcher Jonah Heim was ILed today with a wrist strain.

He’ll miss 2-3 weeks and see if season-ending surgery can be avoided. He’s caught 75% of the Rangers innings this year.

That's really gotta hurt Texas.  Houston is on the verge of overtaking them.  If they implode, we might be able to catch them as well.

The White Sox are stockpiling catchers.  They just sent Kendall Graven to Houston for catcher Korey Lee.   And they sent Lance Lynn and Joe Kelley to the Dodgers for three prospects (no catcher though).  They are becoming a lot like Oakland.  

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I feel like we're absolutely going to get Candelario now. If Neto has to go back on the IL or has lingering back problems, I can see a bit of a panic move here.

I think you are right, when we have to replace Neto in the lineup with Velasquez, the offense and defense gets hurt.

4 hours ago, Deek said:

This season Bellinger is in the 34th percentile in barrel rate, 12th percentile hard-hit rate, 38th percentile walk rate, and 48th percentile expected wOBA...

Which is a far cry from his NL MVP season (4 years ago) when he was 88th, 86th, 95th, and 100th respectively...

His numbers have been solid over the first half of this season, but his swings in performance are huge and frustrating (and due for a regression in the 2nd half)...

Bingo!

image.png

His expected results .vs FBs this year are almost identical to last season -- he's just seen better results.   He's improved on the other pitches but he's outperformed what the batted ball data would project.  Basically, he's been better but even more, he's been lucky.  Career worst barrel rate, exit velo, and hard hit% is kinda crazy given the results.

Looking at his results and ignoring the predictive data is how people end up wondering why guys suddenly turn to shit when they become Angels.

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bingo!

image.png

His expected results .vs FBs this year are almost identical to last season -- he's just seen better results.   He's improved on the other pitches but he's outperformed what the batted ball data would project.  Basically, he's been better but even more, he's been lucky.  Career worst barrel rate, exit velo, and hard hit% is kinda crazy given the results.

Looking at his results and ignoring the predictive data is how people end up wondering why guys suddenly turn to shit when they become Angels.

He's got such a long swing you want to force him to sit and watch videos of guys like Bonds or Molitor who know how to get the bat in the zone

image.png

14 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Well, whatever interest they had may have just ended. Appears he hurt his arm/shoulder on the play and left the game just now

All he needed was a rumor about playing for the Angels, and he went and got injured.

20 hours ago, oldguy said:

But he shit the bed for us in Game 7 ALCS.

Which was surprising because the Candy Man was really good in 1986, when healthy.   One of his best seasons that year (2.55 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, 4 HRs in 16 starts/91 innings)

Edited by Angel Oracle

17 hours ago, tomsred said:

That's really gotta hurt Texas.  Houston is on the verge of overtaking them.  If they implode, we might be able to catch them as well.

Finishing 2nd in the AL West would then likely mean only needing to beat out NYY and the Red Sux.

Edited by Angel Oracle