• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels talking to the Nats about Jeimer Candelario

mmc

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Can be on flight to ATL? Funny Canning pulled from start now Candelario not playing. Is Soto in lineup how about Verdugo? 

I don't know if you didn't see this or you're just trolling, but Canning is still sore from his last start, and he's not being traded.

We don't need Verdugo. 

Red Sox and Padres (Soto) aren't selling. 

Just now, DMVol said:

I don't see that he is a huge upgrade over Escobar or Moustakas.....some better, he's having a career year....but at the cost of a good  prospect?  Not sure.....

I agree.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to get him now.  He's a switch hitter, but hits better against lefties, so it's not like you'd want to platoon him with Cron at 1B.  With Drury coming back soon, plus Escobar, Moustakas, Rengifo, and (maybe) Rendon back at some point, feels like there's not much room for him.

With Drury about to start a rehab, Rengifo hitting, Neto maybe back and Cron now in the fold, I can’t imagine this has any life still, unless Rengifo is getting shipped out for a big pitching upgrade…seems very unlikely.

Perry moved on to the Rockies and got what he needed there, with Grichuk added in after Ward was hit.

6 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I don't know if you didn't see this or you're just trolling, but Canning is still sore from his last start, and he's not being traded.

We don't need Verdugo. 

Red Sox and Padres (Soto) aren't selling. 

Red Sox have said Verdugo on the market. I know what Canning said and could it be a smoke screen?

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Red Sox have said Verdugo on the market. I know what Canning said and could it be a smoke screen?

Highly doubtful.

Question: Where would you play Verdugo when Trout returns? With CJ Cron, they no longer will use Renfroe at 1st as a RH complement to the LH Moustakas, and that's even with Drury Returning. 

If you say he's platooning, what's the point? They have Grichuk, Moniak and Renfroe now, with Trout due to return soon, and will have an infield crunch soon, with the acquisition of Cron, Escobar, and Moustakas to go along with Rengfio, Neto, Rendon, and Drury...three of these guys sit every day. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

If they made this move, Escobar probably goes back in the deal, and when Rendon comes back, who sits?

You worry about who sits when they come to that bridge. Who knows when Rendon comes back. Halos have had so many injuries. That being said I do not think they are going after Candelario. I do have a feeling Minasian has 1 more BIG move coming. Big surprise as halos go all-in.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Highly doubtful.

Question: Where would you play Verdugo when Trout returns? With CJ Cron, they no longer will use Renfroe at 1st as a RH complement to the LH Moustakas, and that's even with Drury Returning. 

If you say he's platooning, what's the point? They have Grichuk, Moniak and Renfroe now, with Trout due to return soon, and will have an infield crunch soon, with the acquisition of Cron, Escobar, and Moustakas to go along with Rengfio, Neto, Rendon, and Drury...three of these guys sit every day. 

First I sit Escobar he has very little so far.Rendon who knows when he is coming back 2 or 3 weeks. So take those 2 out of equation. Neto has been in and out of lineup since his return. Rengifo is you super sub and 4th OF right now. When is Trout coming back? Does anyone know or time line yet. All I hear is soon. When he comes back how long before he is ready to play everyday. Will he do a rehab in minors?