• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Next 16 Days

No off days. Nine road games then seven at home.

Detroit, Toronto, Atlanta, Seattle (4 games), and San Francisco.

We MUST be in striking distance of a wild card before the 12 games after that against four top teams. Houston, Texas, Tampa, and Cincinnati.

This is it! Time to play winning baseball, with or without Ohtani.

22 minutes ago, Revad said:

I think the most important home stand is more important than the most important road trip, but this is time for big boy pants.

My point is that some fans seem to make one particular series the most important ever and then the next week, they do it all over again.  Every game is important, but the season still unfolds one game at a time.

This is the kind of scenario that makes baseball fun.  It can also be frustrating for some, but it definitely builds interest.

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I assume that Perry has been working the phones hard to bring in two veteran solid enough relievers with control through 2024.

Gonna be tough to attack the tough schedule through August with only Estevez, Moore and lately Loup who can be relied on.

Yes and I would also add that some trades are already happening, so let’s not wait.  Getting help now versus waiting until the last 24 hours could make a difference.

Come on Perry!  

So we have 7 games before the deadline.  Do they have to go 5-2 in your eyes?  Do they have to gain ground or would just be playing good ball be enough for you to buy?  Do you sell if they are 4 games out? If they 5 games out do you sell? 6?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

So we have 7 games before the deadline.  Do they have to go 5-2 in your eyes?  Do they have to gain ground or would just be playing good ball be enough for you to buy?  Do you sell if they are 4 games out? If they 5 games out do you sell? 6?

Again, I know I don't represent the majority, but I still just think it's probably going to be counter-productive to make a big push if you're even 4 games out of the last Wild Card.  There are still two teams ahead of them for that slot, plus two more within two games of where the Angels currently are.  The Angels are essentially as close to having the same record as the Tigers as they are to getting into the last Wild Card slot.  To me, that's not a position that's crying out for making a push. 

The advantages of waiting till it's deadline day are that you have the most recent assessment of the team. How it's trending, the  health situation  and the  standings. And pretty much whether to be buyers, sellers or remain quiet. 

And waiting till late means you may be able to leverage a deal with a desperate team. Even if still in the playoff hunt. Deals are like poker in some ways and it can get personal between GMs. 

Perry made some good moves acquiring two veterans quickly after the flurry of injuries in the infield. So I think he's on top of things and has a few scenarios in mind. Depending on how the team does during this period. It could be major change or minor tinkering.