• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels to select David Fletcher, add Eduardo Escobar, option Jared Walsh and Michael Stefanic, DFA Chris Okey, move Urshela to 60-day IL

• mmc changed the title to Angels to select David Fletcher, add Eduardo Escobar, option Jared Walsh and Michael Stefanic

I enjoyed watching Rengifo last year suspecting he was a one year wonder and that I needed to just enjoy the moment

But just when your convinced he sucks, he will come up with a multiple hit game, a key homer, or a defensive play like the one that gave the Angels a win in Texas.

I would not miss him much, but he seems to do barely enough to stay on the roster.

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I’ve seen so many bonehead defensive mistakes too. He’s also struck out on a pitch clock violation. He’s had his shot….he missed it. Time to move on.

Don’t forget the baserunning gaffes.

Should have traded Rengifo in the off-season.

His gloss should be Rengaffeo.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 minutes ago, Don3347 said:

He's a bum, your whining now!

I am down on Fletcher, but again, if he comes back and works counts he has value.  If you disagree that is fine, but it ignores what he is capable of doing if his approach gets back to what it was. 

My big question is did his approach change or was it forced to change because of how he was being pitched.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am down on Fletcher, but again, if he comes back and works counts he has value.  If you disagree that is fine, but it ignores what he is capable of doing if his approach gets back to what it was. 

My big question is did his approach change or was it forced to change because of how he was being pitched.  

When I saw him play in Sac against the Rivercats, he was actually making decent contact and not your ordinary bloop no power at bats.  I think he knows what he has to do.

Ok so the defensive arrangement... Correct me if I'm wrong.

1B - Drury 2B - Fletcher/Rengifo SS - Velasquez/Fletcher/Rengifo 3B - Escobar/Fletcher/Rengifo. 

Again, knowing I'm in the minority, but I'm fine with Rengifo. He makes hard contact and while his at bats aren't spectacular, must watch TV, they're solid, he doesn't embarrass. The outcomes haven't matched the ability so far this year but in time he'll prove to be a capable utility guy. I'd like to see him at 2B, with Fletcher at SS and Escobar at 3B, at least for the time being.

Really, the biggest thing I'm going for is a quick return for Rendon and Neto. That could send Velasquez and either Rengifo or Fletch to AAA and allow the Angels to use Escobar in platoon role against LHP where he'd bat in the middle of the lineup and mash. 

1 minute ago, halonatic13 said:

When I saw him play in Sac against the Rivercats, he was actually making decent contact and not your ordinary bloop no power at bats.  I think he knows what he has to do.

Seems like he is worth looking at, over guys like Padlo….if you’re paying him anyway, why not see if enough of the old Fletcher is there, maybe utilize him as a utility guy….which this club could certainly use with all the injuries…

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

1B - Drury 2B - Fletcher/Rengifo SS - Velasquez/Fletcher/Rengifo 3B - Escobar/Fletcher/Rengifo. 

Again, knowing I'm in the minority, but I'm fine with Rengifo. He makes hard contact and while his at bats aren't spectacular, must watch TV, they're solid, he doesn't embarrass. The outcomes haven't matched the ability so far this year but in time he'll prove to be a capable utility guy. I'd like to see him at 2B, with Fletcher at SS and Escobar at 3B, at least for the time being.

Really, the biggest thing I'm going for is a quick return for Rendon and Neto. That could send Velasquez and either Rengifo or Fletch to AAA and allow the Angels to use Escobar in platoon role against LHP where he'd bat in the middle of the lineup and mash. 

Agree with everything you said, which doesn’t happen too often.  If Neto comes back in a couple of weeks AND Fletcher is doing the things that once made him successful, then send Velazquez down.  Or if Rendon comes back, then you send Velazquez down and use Escobar as depth.  

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Pop up? I expect a shallow and easily playable fly out

On a fastball up and away out of the zone that's shoulder high

Still, don't mind them trying something different. Walsh clearly couldn't keep getting AB's with how he's looked, and really, Rengifo shouldn't get any either. Both have been so, so bad that anybody else is probably an upgrade

Edited by bloodbrother

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

With Walsh gone, when not stick Drury at 1b and just leave him, at least for now…with Escobar and Fletcher added, we’ve got enough coverage at 2b, SS and 3b….

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Padlo, who will also backup 1B, likely sees more time at 3B than Fletcher, at least IMO

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think that's what I said, isn't it?

Well, I just wanted to make sure we all understood….🤔….Nevin has shuffled the lineup so much, I’m not sure anybody is going to play everyday at any of the INF spots until Neto and Rendon are back…yeah, I know about Rendon….