• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

⁸Alexa pros

I have an echo in my living room, and then the smaller ones in my master bedroom and office

For whatever reason, rhe living room one can't play a certain radio station. It starts, then stops, starts, then quits.

Every other station I play on it works fine.

The other two devices don't have any problems playing it.

I've reset it several times already.

Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

I’m of no help here, but spent the last year or two creating a smart home……lights, A/C,  Roomba, etc. and understand the troubles.

I recommend Google and Alexa groups. I bought all of the cylinder models for every room, but have the Show (I think, the one with the screen) in my bedroom and it was a nightmare connecting them all, getting them to communicate, and dumb shit like getting it to tie into my TV for voice command.

It feels like every problem is individualistic or unique. I’d be surprised if you get more than norm AW responses.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have an echo in my living room, and then the smaller ones in my master bedroom and office

For whatever reason, rhe living room one can't play a certain radio station. It starts, then stops, starts, then quits.

Every other station I play on it works fine.

The other two devices don't have any problems playing it.

I've reset it several times already.

Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

It's not a problem with Alexa.  It's just the way KLAA broadcasts the Angels.  

we got rid of our alexa after having a conversation about sofas one day, and the next day all three of us receiving multiple ads on our social media feeds about new sofas.

the one positive i liked about it until then was coming home from school and asking it to turn on a jazz station i liked and it played without interruption.

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It's not a problem with Alexa.  It's just the way KLAA broadcasts the Angels.  

Funny enough, it's not angel games (they play fine), it's another AM station though.

Weird as hell that it only has trouble with one station (rest play fine), and the other ones in the house have no problems with it.

Funny enough. Out of nowhere my tv (in the same room) started having connection issues. Just that tv (other ones work fine). Had to forget one of my internet  connects to it and go with the other one (2G vs 5G)

Suddenly my cool connected house sucks (like @Brandon was saying)

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

we got rid of our alexa after having a conversation about sofas one day, and the next day all three of us receiving multiple ads on our social media feeds about new sofas.

the one positive i liked about it until then was coming home from school and asking it to turn on a jazz station i liked and it played without interruption.

You should probably get rid of your smartphone then, because it does the same thing.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Weird.  But that how a radio works.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

You should probably get rid of your smartphone then, because it does the same thing.

We haven’t had that experience with our phones. 

At least not that we’re aware of. 

Edited by Tank

On 6/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, Brandon said:

I’m of no help here, but spent the last year or two creating a smart home……lights, A/C,  Roomba, etc. and understand the troubles.

I recommend Google and Alexa groups. I bought all of the cylinder models for every room, but have the Show (I think, the one with the screen) in my bedroom and it was a nightmare connecting them all, getting them to communicate, and dumb shit like getting it to tie into my TV for voice command.

It feels like every problem is individualistic or unique. I’d be surprised if you get more than norm AW responses.

Sounds familiar. I had issues getting an Echo Tap (the cylindrical one) to activate with voice commands, although it was supposed to be easy. I finally got it done, but not with the advice that Amazon gave me. I second the recommendation for user groups. They can save you a lot of grief and aggravation. We have a Show in the living room (you're right - that's the one with the visual display). I bought a new generation Echo Dot (the one that looks like a globe). I splurged a bit and got the one that displays the time, so that I could ditch my alarm clock. The sound of the new ones is much better than the one that looks like a hockey puck, and it rivals the Tap IMO.

It sounds simple, but sometimes you can fix issues by unplugging the offending device, plugging it back in and allowing it to reboot and reconnect to the network.

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

We haven’t had that experience with our phones. 

At least not that we’re aware of. 

If you have a cheap Chinese smart TV it will do that too. 

I have a TCL, it actually has an option to turn that functionality off, but I dont trust it. I blocked a bunch of outgoing connections from the tv through the router. It was actually making more internet requests than all my other devices combined.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, it's not angel games (they play fine), it's another AM station though.

So is that on iHeartRadio or...? Maybe if your station is on more than one streaming service (e.g. TuneIn, Audacy) you can specify a different streaming service in your request to Alexa.

If that doesn't help you can try to play it from your mobile device with the Alexa app (cutting out the voice command). Open your Alexa app, click on "Play" and try to browse or search for your station. Finally select the device you want to play the content.

Also @Brandon has a good idea about the groups. If you have more than one Alexa device you can put them in a group and when you ask Alexa to play something you specify the group. Believe it or not this can make a difference.

Last resort there's bluetooth.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

If that doesn't help you can try to play it from your mobile device with the Alexa app (cutting out the voice command). Open your Alexa app, click on "Play" and try to browse or search for your station. Finally select the device you want to play the content.

That seems like more of a hassle than turn on the radio, hit preset 3. 

On 6/25/2023 at 11:08 AM, Jay said:

So is that on iHeartRadio or...? Maybe if your station is on more than one streaming service (e.g. TuneIn, Audacy) you can specify a different streaming service in your request to Alexa.

Also @Brandon has a good idea about the groups. If you have more than one Alexa device you can put them in a group and when you ask Alexa to play something you specify the group. Believe it or not this can make a difference.

Last resort there's bluetooth.

A tally I think it is iheart radio. It plays the ad for it when I turn it on. But i.never installed it... does it just come like that?

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

A tally I think it is iheart radio. It plays the ad for it when I turn it on. But i.never installed it... does it just come like that?

My Alexa app shows iHeart and TuneIn. Try using your Alexa app to play the station instead of using the voice command.