• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodger hate

The Dodgers are like the Britts. (No offense @WicketMaiden). 

They have way more history. But it came before we had light bulbs. But they think theyre cooler because they have a better farm / free health care.

at the end of the day, we care as much about Fernando as we do the Falklands.

"He had an amazing screwball!"

"We went to a whole different hemisphere to take back an Island!"

It's all the same.

They both eat spotted dicks

My friends that are Dodger fans are the absolute worst.

They disappeared before this Dodger "run" and currently are all-in diehard fans. 

Dodger fans think of themselves as the Lakers of baseball but outside of the covid year they haven't won anything since 1988. 

They insistently whine about every year and blame umps, Astros cheating, blah blah blah. 

I'd rather the Red Sox win 10 in a row than Dodgers get another ring. 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

They have way more history. But it came before we had light bulbs. But they think theyre cooler because they have a better farm / free health care.

It's all the same.

confused oh god GIF by ZDF

Renee Zellweger Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

you had me at falklands

13 hours ago, Halo in Chicago said:

So it seems like a lot or most of you hate the Dodgers? I’m curious why? My background is I’m 51, grew up in Long Beach rooting for both the Angels and Dodgers. I preferred the Angels but I also liked the Dodgers.

When my dad got tickets, we went to the Big A. If my grandpa got the tickets, we went to Dodger Stadium. 
Just wondering if there are more like me or if most of you guys are just Angels fans. 

I'm a little older than you (59) and came up right at the height of the 70's Dodgers insufferability. The phoniness of Garvey, the clown managing of Lasorda, the fans pomposity, it was a perfect storm of undeserved arrogance that was pukeworthy to this young fan. 50 years later they can still kiss my ass

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It's all the same.

No offence taken @ten ocho recon scout, you're right, we do think we're cooler, and the American tourists we see over here very much reinforce the notion.

th-829043278.jpg.bee4da27442d3f6f5547b2cf3b8e72f5.jpg

And Spotted Dick is a very tasty pudding.

th-2698019920.jpg.6a29b77ecaf6982cc428208e8f43669f.jpg

As for the Dodgers, when they piss off back to Brooklyn I might entertain liking them, but not before.

I hate then Dodgers because:

-For decades they had the success I wish the Angels had. Yup, some sports envy is real.

-Their fans were always obnoxious making fun of Angel fans, and pompous about their success

-I first lived in Yorba Linda, but then lived in North County San Diego for all of high school, and adopted the Padres as my NL team.  Same situation.  Dodger fans obnoxious and pompous against the Padres.

-There is a huge “hate LA” thing in San Diego.  San Diego was paradise to live in compared to gross LA.

-Yes, LA is just gross.  It’s a butthole of a city.

-LA is a representation of politics i think are unethical, destructive, mean, exploitative, and dishonest.

-The elite in LA are often tied to the entertainment business and they are reliably obnoxiously out of touch and condescending.  I gladly root against the teams they want to win. 

-It is healthy in sports to "hate" other teams.  you can argue that it is necessary to really be successful.  It adds to the fun to hate other teams.

Therefore, I hate the Dodgers.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

IThe phoniness of Garvey

This is so true.  In the height of Garvey’s perfect model citizen image, he was sleeping with the 20 year old daughter of someone we knew.

It was painful to see his public persona shoved down our throats when we knew first hand he was banging this chick behind his wife’s back.

Grew up about 10 - 15 minutes away from Dodgers Stadium and became an Angels fan because of their fan base.

Don't hate the Dodgers as a whole (don't come close to liking them either). 

As a child I remember going to Dodger games and seeing their fan base harass and act aggressive to fans cheering for the other team with another set of their fan base acting all offended and victimized by others who were just joking around (not being vulgar or potty mouthed) and having fun at the game... just felt like you could never feel at ease at their games.

Also seeing the fickleness of their fan base turning on their player (Piazza, Nomo, Karros, Green, Brown to name a few) didn't help either.

1 hour ago, StandOutRealty said:

As a child I remember going to Dodger games and seeing their fan base harass and act aggressive to fans cheering for the other team with another set of their fan base acting all offended and victimized by others who were just joking around (not being vulgar or potty mouthed) and having fun at the game... just felt like you could never feel at ease at their games.

Ah, the dichotomy between the cholos fans and the Jewish fans.  My favorite part is when you tell the Hancock Park dodger fans that most of the fan base are criminals they acted shocked and in denial like this woman.

9DA7C4A8-5393-4A04-A940-FE64923FCC24.gif

21 hours ago, Lou said:

Research how the dodgers treated the Gene Autrey and the Angels when they joined MLB. 

Also, take the time to learn about what their organization did to the people who lived in Chavez Ravine when they decided to build their stadium there.

Yep, had to use the visiting clubhouse at Doyyer Stadium the entire 4 years playing there.

Andddd, displacing homeowners/renters was in poor taste too.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, StandOutRealty said:

Grew up about 10 - 15 minutes away from Dodgers Stadium and became an Angels fan because of their fan base.

Don't hate the Dodgers as a whole (don't come close to liking them either). 

Also seeing the fickleness of their fan base turning on their player (Piazza, Nomo, Karros, Green, Brown to name a few) didn't help either.

Anddd it’s impossible to get out of the parking lot after the game.

One of the exits even leads to a TWO lane residential street.

6 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

No offence taken @ten ocho recon scout, you're right, we do think we're cooler, and the American tourists we see over here very much reinforce the notion.

th-829043278.jpg.bee4da27442d3f6f5547b2cf3b8e72f5.jpg

And Spotted Dick is a very tasty pudding.

th-2698019920.jpg.6a29b77ecaf6982cc428208e8f43669f.jpg

As for the Dodgers, when they piss off back to Brooklyn I might entertain liking them, but not before.

The dad of one of my LB State grad friends was a huge Brooklyn fan.   He disavowed them when they moved to LA, calls them Carpetbaggers.

The pudding does look good.