• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodger hate

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Friends, haha, that’s hilarious. 

14 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That's funny, you think he has friends.

My apologies. I'm a Brit, we even call the French 'friends' and we've been fighting those cheese-eating surrender monkeys since the Bronze Age.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:23 PM, Halo in Chicago said:

So it seems like a lot or most of you hate the Dodgers? I’m curious why? My background is I’m 51, grew up in Long Beach rooting for both the Angels and Dodgers. I preferred the Angels but I also liked the Dodgers.

When my dad got tickets, we went to the Big A. If my grandpa got the tickets, we went to Dodger Stadium. 
Just wondering if there are more like me or if most of you guys are just Angels fans. 

Mine goes back to the inception of divisional play. I have been a Braves fan for many years. The Braves were relegated to the NL West (which made zero sense), and I was stuck with endless games against the Dodgers. Have despised them ever since.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:34 PM, Lou said:

Research how the dodgers treated the Gene Autrey and the Angels when they joined MLB. 

Also, take the time to learn about what their organization did to the people who lived in Chavez Ravine when they decided to build their stadium there.

Dude, nobody cares about your grandpa's stories.

So it seems like a lot or most of you hate the Dodgers? I’m curious why? My background is I’m 51, grew up in Long Beach rooting for both the Angels and Dodgers. I preferred the Angels but I also liked the Dodgers.

When my dad got tickets, we went to the Big A. If my grandpa got the tickets, we went to Dodger Stadium. 
Just wondering if there are more like me or if most of you guys are just Angels fans. 

I've got about 10 years on you.

I grew with both, liked them both.

When I was growing up, I was more a fan of players than teams.

I liked the Angels first, having gone to my first Angels game first in "73, but was a Dodgers fan in "74" because that team was really strong.

I really liked the Ryan and Tanana era & my fondness for the Halos has never wavered after that.

The very first interleague game between the Angels and Dodgers in Anaheim, I was present. 

1997 I think?

Hard to remember the exact date any more?

I remember looking out over everything, not believing what I was seeing?

I had waited my entire life, after the age of 10 hoping for an Angels/Dodgers World Series, and although that never happened, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the field!

I no longer have any feelings toward the Dodgers, and probably haven't since the 80's, but I don't hate them at all.

I live here in SoCal, and although I've lived in a couple of places outside of here for a few short years, awhile ago, this is where I am from, and where I grew up.

I have a tattoo of the Angels "A", the same as on the hat and the same size, on my right arm.

The Angels are "MY" team, and I doubt that'll ever change, because I'm elderly now, and that's how it is.

Have a good one.

I grew up a Dodger fan in the days of Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, Duke Snyder, and Maury Wills. I staye a fan of both when Ron Cey, Steve Garvey, Orel Hershiser, Davey Lopes, and Steve Sax were playing. I gradually grew to be more an Angel fan and less a Dodger fan until I diffidently became strictly an Angels fan.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

On 4/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Halo in Chicago said:

Much the same, I was probably more a Dodger fan as a young kid, even did the "fan club" thing for a few years.

Can't say why, but the Angels became more appealing to me- the Dodgers were successful and corporate, while the Angels were, in a way, the more relatable, precisely because they weren't that good.

Also, Dodger fans gave me a hard time for rooting for the Angels - *I* didn't create a rivalry, Dodger fans did.  Kinda made me choose - and I chose the Angels.

I still respect and envy the Dodgers organization - there's no denying that org is in a class of its own. 

But Dodger fans and their entitled behavior makes it nearly impossible to root for that team.

it seems that the guys who grew up in the OC have more hatred, generally speaking, for the doggies than those that grew up in outside the OC.

i grew up near LAX and both of my parents were dodger fans, so we grew up going to dodger games. didn't love them like i did the angels but didn't hate them. then johnny bench and the big red machine came along and the dodgers were suddenly in my rearview mirror.

i don't hate the dodgers but they're just not my team. 

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

it seems that the guys who grew up in the OC have more hatred, generally speaking, for the doggies than those that grew up in outside the OC.

i grew up near LAX and both of my parents were dodger fans, so we grew up going to dodger games. didn't love them like i did the angels but didn't hate them. then johnny bench and the big red machine came along and the dodgers were suddenly in my rearview mirror.

i don't hate the dodgers but they're just not my team. 

I'm an LA kid. And I agree with this... to a point.

I grew up an Angel fan because of my Dad, but still liked the Dodgers.

For me it was as I got older, working alongside Dodger fans

For the record I give credit where it's due. The Dodgers are by far and away the better org.

And I've met some great dodger fans along the way.

But the masses (of dodger fans) suck. And the org itself with its nose on the air towards the Angels is enough to make me day F*ck them

Tommy Lasorda was cool. My parents eneded up loving to his neighborhood so I ran into him a few times over the years. He was actually really cool to talk trash with back and forth. 

And as much as I hate the Dodgers, Vin Scully will always be special.

57 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Tommy Lasorda was cool. My parents ended up loving to his neighborhood so I ran into him a few times over the years. He was actually really cool to talk trash with back and forth. 

his schtick was funny for a while, but it grew very bitter and tired after the angels won the WS. I was at the hollywood bowl for their july 4 program one year and several dodger greats from the past were special guests, including lasorda. he did most of the talking, and ended trashing the angels more than just a playful amount. he just sounded bitter, and it was aggravating. lost a lot of respect for him that night. good to hear he was a good guy in person, but in public, he was a big windbag.