• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts after the first series

you want to see them do well against lesser talent, and aside from thursday night, they did just that.

make progress each series, and endure the droughts when they happen. if player A is struggling, hopefully player B will pick up the slack, etc. Everyone picks up each other.

good series against the m's to get a better measure of where we are and where we need to improve. go get 'em, boys.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

The starting pitching, so far, has been flat out awesome.  I get it…it’s the A’s, BUT they are throwing strikes and pitching ahead in the counts.  That’s a pleasant surprise so far.

The combination of Rengifo, Renfro, and Rendon have 2 hits between them so far.  

O Hoppe has been a pleasant surprise as has Urshela.  Drury?  Not so much, yet.

Minus the first game, the rest of the pen has got their shit together.  

I hope we pound the Mariners into the ground.  

Rengifo OB% 385 without a hit.  I wouldn't worry about him.

Glad I decided not to return to opening weekend in Oakland after hearing from locals how bad the stadium NOW is. I mean, NOW? 

Having a real announcer is amazing

Trout is still good

Ohtani is still good

The A's cant move soon enough so the closest divisional road games is somewhere besides a stadium in the alleyway of a Spearmint Rhino

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

Rengifo OB% 385 without a hit.  I wouldn't worry about him.

I’m not worried about him.  His approach has been great.  That actually started last year, but I really took notice watching him more closely this spring training.

I honestly thought after he hit 17 home runs last year, he’d start trying to hit everything over the fence, but that’s not what he’s doing at all.

it’s been 3 games.  The only person I’m worried about is Loup, because he’s just not very good.

14 hours ago, Revad said:

Let’s see how we do in Seattle, but it looks like it could be a fun and dramatic season.

Yeah. If we take two out of three from Seattle I will be impressed. Especially since we're facing their first and second best pitchers in this series and Flexen seems to always pitch decently against us (from what I remember).

I'm pleased with the results, but thought they should have won all 3.  It was Oakland.  Not going to get excited about it.  Logan O'Hoppe was impressive, but I'm tempering my expectations.  Starting pitching looked terrific, but again... it was Oakland.  I'm looking forward to Rendon getting on track and putting an end to all the nonsense that gets posted here. 

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

Fletcher is still swinging at pitches above his shoulders. Since he can't rein that in he shouldn't get any more playing time than resting a better player.

I am very happy with Fletcher on the roster as a utility player.  This situation very much reminds me of the decade of Tim Flannery on the Padres.  He did well as a utility player (and he was personally likable enough) that many fans were just addicted to the idea that he should be playing all the time.  They were wrong.  He was best as a part time player.

Even if you have a player that is a tweener (almost too good to be just a utility player but a slight letdown as a starter), it just makes more sense to choose the role where they are delivering high value, and have the discipline to not fall in love with the idea of “this guy deserves to play more.”

I can more easily imagine a WS team with Fletcher as a utility guy than I can imagine a WS with him starting everyday.

12 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm pleased with the results, but thought they should have won all 3.  It was Oakland.  Not going to get excited about it.  Logan O'Hoppe was impressive, but I'm tempering my expectations.  Starting pitching looked terrific, but again... it was Oakland.  I'm looking forward to Rendon getting on track and putting an end to all the nonsense that gets posted here. 

C'mon, dude. The first game was crap, but they outscored the A's 20-3. It's not like their two wins weren't very convincing.

I wanted to come into the home opener having gone 4-2 or better on this trip. Obviously it would've been easier if Loup hadn't blown the opening day game, but the two convincing wins this weekend restored my faith.