• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random line ups from the Angels of yore

UndertheHalo

Frank Tanana was a 20 year old rookie that year that pitched in 39 games, 35 as a starter. Winkles started the year as manager and was replaced with Dick Williams and Whitey Herzog had a few games as interim. Robinson, Valentine and Botchy all became managers from that team. Bill Stoneman pitched his last year with the Angels and recorded a no hitter on June 7th. Eventually he became the Angels only GM to record a World Series title. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Frank Tanana was a 20 year old rookie that year that pitched in 39 games, 35 as a starter. Winkles started the year as manager and was replaced with Dick Williams and Whitey Herzog had a few games as interim. Robinson, Valentine and Botchy all became managers from that team. Bill Stoneman pitched his last year with the Angels and recorded a no hitter on June 7th. Eventually he became the Angels only GM to record a World Series title. 

BlAOrg

On 2/25/2023 at 8:23 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Many powerful memories of Johnny G. 

Funny enough...

Was just thinking about this the other day at the gym. Baseball back, I pop up old videos to get in the mood (of course the world series, like a nerd). 

Then I started looking up "Trout highlights, 201_" and things like that.

And started seeing guys I forgot all about high 5 him after a home run, things like that.

I've mentioned it on here before. It's crazy how there was so much stability here for years... and how in the past decade, it's been the complete opposite, aside from Trout/Pujols (now Ohtani). Literally a merry go round roster of all these forgettable one or two year guys.

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough...

Was just thinking about this the other day at the gym. Baseball back, I pop up old videos to get in the mood (of course the world series, like a nerd). 

Then I started looking up "Trout highlights, 201_" and things like that.

And started seeing guys I forgot all about high 5 him after a home run, things like that.

I've mentioned it on here before. It's crazy how there was so much stability here for years... and how in the past decade, it's been the complete opposite, aside from Trout/Pujols (now Ohtani). Literally a merry go round roster of all these forgettable one or two year guys.

Very sad