• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon looks for rebound after two straight injury-marred seasons

AngelsWin.com

Just now, Blarg said:

I am always surprised how so few of you get what is holding Rendon back from playing are doctors and not Rendon. He doesn't choose his return, only the treating physician makes that determination when he is fit to return to baseball activities and then he has to pass the Angels medical and training staff as to what he can do to what extent. 

Of course, they have to sign off on it but every time I go to the doctor for an illness or injury part of their assessment is asking me questions about how I feel and what I'm able to do and not do. I certain there's some of that with Rendon. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am always surprised how so few of you get what is holding Rendon back from playing are doctors and not Rendon. He doesn't choose his return, only the treating physician makes that determination when he is fit to return to baseball activities and then he has to pass the Angels medical and training staff as to what he can do to what extent. 

Nevin has repeatedly said that Rendon will let him know when he's ready to play. (Not sure if that's true for this current injury)

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Nothing wrong with it, it is just that the samurai dies and the good guys lose.

Samurai didn't lose in their mind...a honorable death!

Imagine that existed at some point to some extent.

Hey I've read a few books on them, not just seen the movie...I'm an expert!

Lol!

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

Samurai didn't lose in their mind...a honorable death!

Imagine that existed at some point to some extent.

Hey I've read a few books on them, not just seen the movie...I'm an expert!

Lol!

Well that's exactly my point: If Shohei loves The Last Samurai, maybe he's fine "dying an honorable death" on the Angels.

I mean, we need something, right?

On 8/20/2023 at 10:25 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Well that's exactly my point: If Shohei loves The Last Samurai, maybe he's fine "dying an honorable death" on the Angels.

I mean, we need something, right?

Yeah, but do you have to die an "honorable death" every year?  

I think some sense of loyalty to the team and the players might play a part. 

But then again, if he were that loyal, he'd still be playing for Hokkaido 

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Anthony's raking in $235,000 each game, for this year and three more.

But...internal bleeding. How long does that last? A couple of years? I wonder if Ripken ever fouled a ball off his shin. 

Even if he returns, the 2019 version is probably history.

What about the 2020 version?

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Anthony's raking in $235,000 each game, for this year and three more.

But...internal bleeding. How long does that last? A couple of years? I wonder if Ripken ever fouled a ball off his shin. 

Even if he returns, the 2019 version is probably history.

The 2019 version was already gone in 2020.  He had a very good year in the Covid-shortened year, but the HR surge from 2019 was already gone and he was starting to transition into hitting fewer doubles and walking more.  When he has been on the field from '21 until now, his value is mostly from drawing walks and driving in runs in key situations.  His power is pretty much gone (even for doubles) and it doesn't look like we'll see a high batting average from him again.

Of course, one can make the argument that he really has never been truly "healthy" when he's been playing the last three seasons--but, yeah, I think it's completely unrealistic to ever expect anything close to '19-'20-level performance even if he does come back "healthy" next year or beyond.

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Says the Nevin apologist. 

The only reason Rendon is still on the team is because of his contract.  Period.  End of story.   

And the halos are possibly considering eating what ever is left of the $235 million just to get be done with him.

Everyone else is on the team because the front office believes said people bring  value.

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

The only reason Rendon is still on the team is because of his contract.  Period.  End of story.   

And the halos are possibly considering eating what ever is left of the $235 million just to get be done with him.

Everyone else is on the team because the front office believes said people bring  value.

Where are you getting that idea?