• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon looks for rebound after two straight injury-marred seasons

AngelsWin.com

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

What makes you think they’ll trade him in that scenario?

I just can’t see Arte signing off on an Ohtani trade.

Arte’s quote in the NY Post about Babe Ruth made it sound like he doesn’t want to trade Ohtani under any circumstances.

I am just guessing that if they’re out of it and they can’t re-sign him, he’ll realize they have gotten everything out of him that they can. 

I think there is still more to get out of him now, so it’s a different story. 

It could be a good thing. If Neto crushes AA and maybe even AAA, I think they’d put him in the majors.

Especially since there isn’t a starting SS standing in his way.

Perry has acted very Braves-like, which makes sense, in aggressively promoting guys. And the farm director is from the Cardinals, which are another tram that aggressively promotes players.

I think it would be bad if none of the Angels SS options are doing enough to hold off a guy one year out of the draft. 

But who knows. Stranger things have happened. 

26 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am just guessing that if they’re out of it and they can’t re-sign him, he’ll realize they have gotten everything out of him that they can. 

That’s a completely rational thought, but I’m not convinced that Arte will do the rational thing.

His track record suggests that he won’t.

25 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it would be bad if none of the Angels SS options are doing enough to hold off a guy one year out of the draft. 

But who knows. Stranger things have happened. 

I guess I’m looking at it from the perspective that Neto could force his way onto the team sometime this season and that the Angels would then find him MLB playing time.

If it’s just a case of them bringing Neto up because the other options aren’t producing, then yeah, it would be a bad sign.

I guess I’m looking at it from the perspective that Neto could force his way onto the team sometime this season and that the Angels would then find him MLB playing time.

If it’s just a case of them bringing Neto up because the other options aren’t producing, then yeah, it would be a bad sign.

Stuff happens. The SS depth chart goes Rengifo, Fletcher, Velazquez, Soto (https://www.mlb.com/angels/roster/depth-chart).  If injuries occur in the outfield amd/or to 2b (Drury), Rengifo/Fletcher could turn into depth in those areas.  What if one of Rengifo or Fletcher get injured or are ineffective also?  Suddenly Neto starts moving up the chart.  If Velazquez and Soto are getting at bats and can’t hit and it’s the all star game, things start looking different.

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think there is still more to get out of him now, so it’s a different story. 

You should go on ESPN LA radio and explain this to Ireland, Mason, Greg, Travis and Sedano.

They are oblivious to all things Angels.

17 hours ago, Trendon said:

What makes you think they’ll trade him in that scenario?

I just can’t see Arte signing off on an Ohtani trade.

Arte’s quote in the NY Post about Babe Ruth made it sound like he doesn’t want to trade Ohtani under any circumstances.

^^^This^^^..... It would be a monumentally bad decision to keep him if we're not firmly in the playoff hunt.. Not piling on Arte, he has not been afraid to spend (largely unwisely) but, regardless of his good intentions, his decision making over the last decade leaves a lot to be desired....so, I would be prepared for (another) bad decision....hope I'm wrong....

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

His track record also said he’d keep Maddon.  His track record said he wouldn’t release Albert. 

Yeah, but the stakes with Ohtani are way higher than Maddon or Pujols.

No one’s remembering Moreno as the owner whose team fired Joe Maddon or released Albert Pujols. They would remember Moreno as the owner who let Ohtani walk for nothing.

Yeah, but the stakes with Ohtani are way higher than Maddon or Pujols.

No one’s remembering Moreno as the owner whose team fired Joe Maddon or released Albert Pujols. They would remember Moreno as the owner who let Ohtani walk for nothing.

They won’t remember him as the guy that lost or traded Ohtani. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why do you care about how other people remember Arte?  

I don't care how people will remember Arte.

My point was simply that deciding to trade/not trade Ohtani carries more stakes than firing Maddon or releasing Pujols, whereas you were pointing toward the latter two as being examples of how that might inform us of Arte's track record.

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I don't care how people will remember Arte.

My point was simply that deciding to trade/not trade Ohtani carries more stakes than firing Maddon or releasing Pujols, whereas you were pointing toward the latter two as being examples of how that might inform us of Arte's track record.

My point is Arte has done things fans said he would never do. He’s done things he said he wouldn’t do.