• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

For the record Bauer was found guilty of nothing.  The “accuser” wasn’t even able to prove the basis for a restraining order and Bauer will likely be successful in his civil suit against the woman.  There are photos of her, taken by her after the alleged incident where she is in his bed and perfectly fine.  She’s basically admitted it was a scam.

You can dislike him as a person or player but he’s a victim, plain and simple.  

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I hope someday you are falsely accused of a crime and you lose your job, your family, everything.  Then we can talk about Bauer.

I wasn't aware that Bauer lost his family and "everything." The only thing that happened to him was he got a lengthy vacation and a bunch of dude bros gained respect for him while the people who already disliked him continued to dislike him.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I wasn't aware that Bauer lost his family and "everything." The only thing that happened to him was he got a lengthy vacation and a bunch of dude bros gained respect for him while the people who already disliked him continued to dislike him.

He lost the thing that was most important to him.  But fine, I hope you lose your career because a whore falsely accuses you.  Then we can talk Bauer.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

And he lost like 40 million dollars.

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

i think @Jeff Fletcher said it best with his tweet.

It's a clubhouse culture Perry is trying to create. Bauer is probably at the end of that list to add.

He also said he prioritizes defense. Haven't seen a ton of evidence of that. Bauer wouldn't be the first lousy person Perry has brought in. Not saying we'll pursue him - I don't think we will - just noting that sometimes people put too much weight on certain statements.  

10 minutes ago, cals said:

He lost the thing that was most important to him.  But fine, I hope you lose your career because a whore falsely accuses you.  Then we can talk Bauer.

I don't like people being falsely accused in any scenario. It's awful.

Unfortunately Black men are seven times more likely to go to prison for crimes they didn't commit than white people. Bauer has the privileges of being white and being rich. Imagine being on death row for a crime you didn't commit. That's a million times worse, yet I doubt you care about that.

Bauer is going to come out of this okay.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Unfortunately Black men are seven times more likely to go to prison for crimes they didn't commit than white people. Bauer has the privileges of being white and being rich. Imagine being on death row for a crime you didn't commit. That's a million times worse, yet I doubt you care about that.

I stopped listening at Black men.  It has nothing to do with this discussion.

23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I am just curious, how do you measure such a stat?

55 minutes ago, cals said:

For the record Bauer was found guilty of nothing.  The “accuser” wasn’t even able to prove the basis for a restraining order and Bauer will likely be successful in his civil suit against the woman.  There are photos of her, taken by her after the alleged incident where she is in his bed and perfectly fine.  She’s basically admitted it was a scam.

You can dislike him as a person or player but he’s a victim, plain and simple.  

from what i know of the case it is hard to disagree. i almost feel that there must be more crazy shit that mlb and bauer know about, but isn't public because i can't understand how the guy has been suspended this long and has literally not even been charged, even so much that the accuser has faced for legal backlash than bauer has. 

having said that. i'd take him on the angels for sure because i don't know if that's true and i don't care if he's into the rough stuff. i don't care about anybodys sexual proclivities.

i'm not up to speed, but i saw a tweet from jeff fletcher about perry and quality of person, which i can only assume is obviously about our odds of going after bauer.

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

from what i know of the case it is hard to disagree. i almost feel that there must be more crazy shit that mlb and bauer know about, but isn't public because i can't understand how the guy has been suspended this long and has literally not even been charged, even so much that the accuser has faced for legal backlash than bauer has. 

having said that. i'd take him on the angels for sure because i don't know if that's true and i don't care if he's into the rough stuff. i don't care about anybody's sexual proclivities.

i'm not up to speed, but i saw a tweet from jeff fletcher about perry and quality of person, which i can only assume is obviously about our odds of going after bauer.

Based on the timing of his Tweet, assuredly it was in reference to Bauer.