• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

Has he been getting paid since this happened? I don't think he has. And I'm still kind of baffled how they can do that. "Conduct unbecoming" or something like that.

It's up to the Dodgers to play him or not. They could say "he embarrassed us" or something, and sit him.

But I don't get how they are off the hook paying him.  Guy didn't do anything wrong, except be a freak, outside of work.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Has he been getting paid since this happened? I don't think he has. And I'm still kind of baffled how they can do that. "Conduct unbecoming" or something like that.

It's up to the Dodgers to play him or not. They could say "he embarrassed us" or something, and sit him.

But I don't get how they are off the hook paying him.  Guy didn't do anything wrong, except be a freak, outside of work.

MLB and players union have a contract. The arbitrator ruled on this case. His decision is binding. Does not matter what you or I think about what happened.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

In the end, it is probably just a combination of things.

Even before this, Bauer was very controversial and viewed as an asshole by many.  That said, many were willing to overlook it because he is a very good pitcher.

When you add in what just transpired, as well as his inherently controversial nature and lack of any remorse regarding what transpired, then I am guessing all of the above factors will be enough combined for most teams to just avoid him. He is a very good pitcher, but he isn't elite, and I'm guessing most teams would rather just take their chances trying to find talent elsewhere and pass on the headache and controversy that Bauer would bring to the team.

I would add that he also hasn't played high level base for quite a while

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@cals and gang, please keep the personal attacks off the website. 

There's no place for that garbage here. 

Stick to the topic at hand and if you wish to continue find another place to break each others balls. 

Thanks! 

I tried to keep these monsters in line but they simply don’t listen.  I don’t envy your job.  Good job laying down the law.

21 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

It has almost been a week since the arbiter's decision was announced.  Still no move from the Dodgers.  I have to assume they are trying to see if they can trade him?  I imagine if they intended to DFA him, that would have already transpired.

Yup. They have until January 6th to decide what to do with him. A trade would better if they don't want him. Maybe get back a depth player with a year left on his contract for less money this year. A guy under contract for a couple of years but around 10 million per etc.

21 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yup. They have until January 6th to decide what to do with him. A trade would better if they don't want him. Maybe get back a depth player with a year left on his contract for less money this year. A guy under contract for a couple of years but around 10 million per etc.

Will Bauer's supporters be chanting "Hang Manfred"?

8 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

It'll be interesting to see if they can actually trade him.  Obviously whoever trades with them will get a massive PR hit.  It'll be interesting to see what ultimately happens.