• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on Trevor Bauer?

46 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't like people being falsely accused in any scenario. It's awful.

Unfortunately Black men are seven times more likely to go to prison for crimes they didn't commit than white people. Bauer has the privileges of being white and being rich. Imagine being on death row for a crime you didn't commit. That's a million times worse, yet I doubt you care about that.

Bauer is going to come out of this okay.

3/4 of the A team were white 

bauer is the first player the public knows about that likes rough sex, but there's no way he's the first or only player that likes it. his biggest obstacle is the PR/optics of this whole situation.

there are likely players on each team that have weird things they like that the public would be horrified to know about, including guys on the angels.

i think perry needs to sit down and have a long face to face with bauer, and then proceed from there. if perry likes what he sees and hears, i'm fine with him making an offer to sign bauer.

55 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

i think @Jeff Fletcher said it best with his tweet.

It's a clubhouse culture Perry is trying to create. Bauer is probably at the end of that list to add.

I’m a big believer in culture. That said team culture doesn’t top 100 on the radar. Ray Lewis got a second chance DWatson is back in the nfl, and we need a front line ace. Let’s find him some chicks that love the rough stuff and see if he can win us 20 games 

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I appreciate your politics but I think you are in the wrong forum.

Refocus.

11 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I’m a big believer in culture. That said team culture doesn’t top 100 on the radar. Ray Lewis got a second chance DWatson is back in the nfl, and we need a front line ace. Let’s find him some chicks that love the rough stuff and see if he can win us 20 games 

The Watson reference is probably the most applicable one I've seen.  I see references to Kobe, Chapman, etc, but I think those other transgressions occurred in "a different time," so to speak.

Watson, though - that is probably the best comparison for Bauer.

Just now, Warfarin said:

The Watson reference is probably the most applicable one I've seen.  I see references to Kobe, Chapman, etc, but I think those other transgressions occurred in "a different time," so to speak.

Watson, though - that is probably the best comparison for Bauer.

No it’s not.  Watson groped like 30 masseurs.  And then paid millions to keep them quiet.  Bauer did NOTHING illegal.  He got a shake down from a whore with an eye towards a payday.  But instead of paying for it to go away he’s fought it.  He is a VICTIM.

1 minute ago, cals said:

No it’s not.  Watson groped like 30 masseurs.  And then paid millions to keep them quiet.  Bauer did NOTHING illegal.  He got a shake down from a whore with an eye towards a payday.  But instead of paying for it to go away he’s fought it.  He is a VICTIM.

Sorry, what I meant moreso was the time frame, not the details of the case itself, in terms of "most applicable."

I feel like the unpaid suspension was a back room deal to benefit the Dogs who probably expressed to the league that they were going to release him no matter what.  So they did them a favor.  It seemed like it was more based on the fact that Bauer wasn't and isn't sorry and essentially wouldn't eat shit because he was thoroughly convinced he did nothing wrong.  

So essentially the league couldn't get him to apologize for being a sexual weirdo in the eyes of most.   So they punished him because it caused them bad press.  

Just now, Docwaukee said:

I feel like the unpaid suspension was a back room deal to benefit the Dogs who probably expressed to the league that they were going to release him no matter what.  So they did them a favor.  It seemed like it was more based on the fact that Bauer wasn't and isn't sorry and essentially wouldn't eat shit because he was thoroughly convinced he did nothing wrong.  

So essentially the league couldn't get him to apologize for being a sexual weirdo in the eyes of most.   So they punished him because it caused them bad press.  

This is likely 100% spot on.

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Interesting article.   However, in order to come to their conclusions they have to verify who was imprisoned unjustly.  Then determine their race.  The article doesn’t say how they determined to be injustly imprisoned.

I  am not doubting the unfairness of judicial system of impoverished people (people of color disproportionate are in impoverished).

I am just question the methodology in determine who has been factually imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit 

I also feel that the punishment was so inconsistent with the precedent set for others that were magically rehabilitated because they said sorry yet actually charged with a crime in many cases. 

Ozuna choked his wife in front of police and then did a diversion program so they dropped the charges.  He was suspended for 20 games without pay.  He apologized to his team and the fans and then was brought back without even a peep. 

Bauer had rough sex, was never charged, and appears to have been set up.  He acted indignant and got suspended without pay for 2 seasons. 

19 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Interesting article.   However, in order to come to their conclusions they have to verify who was imprisoned unjustly.  Then determine their race.  The article doesn’t say how they determined to be injustly imprisoned.

I  am not doubting the unfairness of judicial system of impoverished people (people of color disproportionate are in impoverished).

I am just question the methodology in determine who has been factually imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit 

Until more white people are exonerated by DNA, clearly the DNA exoneration system is skewed in favor of black inmates.