• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jim Bowden contacted front offices - Angels looking at SS, OF, SP

Not sure if this was posted already but....

Looks like the Angels are surprisingly looking to upgrade SS. Does that foreshadow a Rengifo trade?
Jim Bowden reportedly talked to "decision makers" for all 30 teams and here's what he came away with for the Angels.

Who knows what an "upgrade" means in terms of Angels baseball, however. 

Angels needs.jpeg

5 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

A name that people might not like that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Angels pursue is Andrus.  Keeps us out of the big contract guys.  Probably costs in the 1-2yrs/7-10m per range.  

I wouldn't hate this actually.  

He had a 3 win season according to bref, but man it’s his first decent offensive season in 5 years. By decent I mean his OPS+ was 103, which is the same as Rengifo. 

Trading Rengifo is like trading Marsh. You could really fuck that up for the Angels long term if it didn't work out. I look at Rengifo as Erick Aybar with more power and basepath speed.

Now, tell me all about a better fit for the Angels. Elvis Andrus isn't that guy. He is 34 and has never hit well, a shortstop on the decline. Exactly what you don't want, a name from 10 years ago that never got better. 

7 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

A name that people might not like that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Angels pursue is Andrus.  Keeps us out of the big contract guys.  Probably costs in the 1-2yrs/7-10m per range.  

I wouldn't hate this actually.  

We actually want to improve.

I'd imagine a guy like Jean Segura if they think Neto is ready to be the guy in 18 months or less. 

If they signed a guy like Swanson, it just means Neto will be at 2nd.

I agree with Oracle on Mancini, and re-signing Lorenzen, but I also feel they should forgo another OF for one more year and go get Senga.

And they Always need help in the pen.

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

I'd imagine a guy like Jean Segura if they think Neto is ready to be the guy in 18 months or less. 

If they signed a guy like Swanson, it just means Neto will be at 2nd.

I agree with Oracle on Mancini, and re-signing Lorenzen, but I also feel they should forgo another OF for one more year and go get Senga.

And they Always need help in the pen.

Segura would be great if the Phillies don't pick up his option. $17M I think. 

It makes no sense to pursue one of the big four shortstop free agents. The one position in which this organization actually has depth - and lots of it - is shortstop. Use the money instead to get an outfielder (we have no depth there at all) and pitching. And then let Fletcher, Rengifo, Soto, and Neto (and eventually Paris) battle for the middle infield spots. 

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

It makes no sense to pursue one of the big four shortstop free agents. The one position in which this organization actually has depth - and lots of it - is shortstop. Use the money instead to get an outfielder (we have no depth there at all) and pitching. And then let Fletcher, Rengifo, Soto, and Neto (and eventually Paris) battle for the middle infield spots. 

Although you're right... Minasian is in the final year of his contract and he might approach the off-season differently.