• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Son of former Angels Special Assistant to the GM Marcel Lachemann speaks out on Angels Organization

BTH

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Blum didn't solicit Lachemann's opinion or comment on his thoughts.  Lachemann randomly replied to one of his tweets.  Not sure why you're once again slamming him here.

You are absolutely right, and I am not being sarcastic.  Lachman commenting on Blum’s tweet isn’t specifically evidence of Blum being super lame.

Having said that, Blum is still super lame.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Bret Lachman is an assistant coach at Cal Poly.  That’s a cool job and all but his exact opinion on what’s going on with the Angels because of his last name seems kind of silly.

I don’t care about his opinion, but I do care about the insight he’s inadvertently providing on the inner workings of the Angels.

I don’t care about his opinion of Tamin, pitchers not being allowed to shake, or scouts being pulled off the road.

I care about the fact that Tamin is running the ship, some pitchers aren’t allowed to shake off the catchers, and that scouts were pulled off the road at the end of the season.

His name is only relevant because it proves that he is close to someone who would’ve known those things that he’s saying.

Lachemann resigned his position in August. He was brought in by Dipoto in 2011 and he is 81 years old. Whatever second hand sourcing his son is using his father probably isn't on board with analytics considering how long his career existed without them. So it looks like son is posting old man yells at clouds quotes. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Lachemann resigned his position in August. He was brought in by Dipoto in 2011 and he is 81 years old. Whatever second hand sourcing his son is using his father probably isn't on board with analytics considering how long his career existed without them. So it looks like son is posting old man yells at clouds quotes. 

It does look that way, and I’m sure Marcell is anti-analytics— but I posted those tweets because of the insight into the inner-workings of the Angels, not the old man yells at cloud stuff.

17 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

The only problem I see is that most of the analytics guys, Alex Tamin included, probably didn't play much baseball.  

On the one hand, you'd think by now Pro ballplayers wouldn't care about that. It's been so long since baseball went this direction you'd think they would be used to it.

But on the other hand, I can still see why it gets eye rolls. My own job has staff like this, and it's hard to take any of them seriously.

Big picture, strategy? Sure. Exectution? Meh... not so much.

You can always here the same "pros" who love watching fights yell out complaints and strategy at any fight event. UFC, boxing, etc.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I don’t care about his opinion, but I do care about the insight he’s inadvertently providing on the inner workings of the Angels.

I don’t care about his opinion of Tamin, pitchers not being allowed to shake, or scouts being pulled off the road.

I care about the fact that Tamin is running the ship, some pitchers aren’t allowed to shake off the catchers, and that scouts were pulled off the road at the end of the season.

His name is only relevant because it proves that he is close to someone who would’ve known those things that he’s saying.

Respectfully (and I mean that), to each his own.  I couldn’t give a shit any more about any of the “issues” under Moreno.  It’s basically water under the bridge to me.

There will be a new owner and I am glad to turn the page with absolutely no explanation or further details of any of the internal processes, policies, procedures, etc. of the old ownership.

It (to me anyway) just seems petty and unproductive to dig into this junk when new ownership is happening.

At this point what difference does it make?

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Can we please start the hot stove thread already so i can read 115 pages of hype and ultimately end up dissapointed. I'm really looking forward to that.

"The Angels could trade X for Y, and finally solve SS and C. And it makes total sense for both teams." - @ettin

"Holy crap... that actually does make sense for both teams! And we do need to solve SS and C. " - AW.com

"We've traded for Aroldis Chapman!" - Minasian.

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It (to me anyway) just seems petty and unproductive to dig into this junk when new ownership is happening.

At this point what difference does it make?

I understand that perspective.

It likely peaks my interest more than it may peak others’ because I think new ownership won’t be officially in place until 2024, which would mean another full season of the Minasian/Tamin regime.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

It does look that way, and I’m sure Marcell is anti-analytics— but I posted those tweets because of the insight into the inner-workings of the Angels, not the old man yells at cloud stuff.

I think it's likely that Lache believes pitchers should go deep into games and thinks avoiding a third time through the order or limiting RP innings is heresy.   

I loved Lache, both as a manager and particularly as a pitching coach, but he was on the watch when the Angels were pumping Donnie Moore full of painkillers and cortisone shots, and again when they allowed Jason Dickson to pitch while hurt after tossing almost 600 innings between 1996 and 1997 (at age 23-24).  So, his thinking on usage is likely a bit antiquated.