• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels (9/30/22): Detmers on the mound, O'Hoppe catching

jsnpritchett

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can they actually take a series from Tejas for a change????

Since taking 3 of 4 early, just 3-9 against a bad Rangers team!

They will take the series, most likely.  But don’t forget it’s important that the players have fun plus it’s really time they started focusing on their golf games.  As usual.

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Angels are fifth in the league in starting pitching era. Wow. I never would have guessed that at the beginning of the year. I also would have expected them to be in the playoffs if you told me that in the beginning of the year.

Just brings me right back to the off season when I was saying the team needed a legit catcher, an outfielder and a real short stop.

Meanwhile we had guys like Joe Maddon commenting that teams with post season aspirations dont pencil guys like Reed Detmers into their starting rotations.

47 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Some interesting stats coming into this games;

1. Ward at 3.8 war, close to 4. basically he's played like an All-star

2. Rengifol 2 war solid for a regular stater

3. Detmers, 2 war also solid for a starter. 

Ward played like a superstar when he was healthy, and that emergence is pretty huge.  I like Rengifo leading off too, and I'd like to see this top 4 (Rengifo, Trout, Ohtani, Ward) start off next season too.  A healthy Rendon, as well as attempting to acquire a LF and a 1B, will greatly help lengthen this lineup.

There's a lot of good going on right now, but Fletcher is back in another slump.  He's now 10 for his last 59, with only 1 BB over that time frame.  Eight singles, two doubles.  Blech.  Before this stretch, he hit really well for the first 26 games after he came back from his injury: .340/.377/.450.  He is one streaky mf'er.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

There's a lot of good going on right now, but Fletcher is back in another slump.  He's now 10 for his last 59, with only 1 BB over that time frame.  Eight singles, two doubles.  Blech.  Before this stretch, he hit really well for the first 26 games after he came back from his injury: .340/.377/.450.  He is one streaky mf'er.

Utility INF