• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

7 minutes ago, ScottT said:

So, everyone wants an owner that is wealthy and will blow through the luxury tax threshold?    Shocking.

No, what we want is an owner who will balance spending throughout the organization (i.e., scouting, development), and not just cut every less-visible department to the bone while making high-profile free agent signings so as to give an appearance that there's no hard limit to spending.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

We aren't reaching that this year. I guess we're a little less loyal now.

Inflation.

200 people going to see this shitshow is like 1000 going to see the good years.

One Stassi jersey sold is like 7 Trouts. Etc etc

(Edit. No way to prove that. You'd have to sell a Stassi jersey first to prove that)

Just now, Lazorko Saves said:

No, what we want is an owner who will balance spending throughout the organization (i.e., scouting, development), and not just cut every less-visible department to the bone while making high-profile free agent signings so as to give an appearance that there's no hard limit to spending.

Yeep

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

So, everyone wants an owner that is wealthy and will blow through the luxury tax threshold?    Shocking.

What was the initial reaction to Arte Moreno?   I cannot remember.  

Arte Moreno said something to the effect of  he will make us the Yankees of the west. it didn't happen

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

Just reading the Passan tweet.

I usually defend Moreno on spending. It's not like we haven't. (Just seems like that since the results have been so bad).

But the part where we've never gone over 183 million stands out. That's not to say we "should", or that 183 isn't a lot.

But in this past decade of mediocre to bad, with Trout and now Ohtani, yeah... for at least a few years you need to take some pepto bismol and blow past that if your in house options aren't working.

11 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

While I'm optimistic that this could be a good thing for the franchise, I hope Arte is healthy.  He's been absent for quite a bit and is now selling the team.  

Now that you mentioned it….

If this is the case, a lot of the ire would appear misguided and focused on the wrong person.

Whoever, it is has to be able to understand the overall understanding of building the infrastructure and the importance of development, and drafting. 

Ballmer has the infrastructure background not necessarily in baseball/basketball but he also knows how to bring the Smartest people together to do everything. He is more of a Team Builder. And Cheerleader which an owner should be! Pump the fans even if it seems stupid at times... 

Just now, Puget Sound Angel said:

You would think with Ohtani under contract that would increase the value of the team with all his potential international revenue streams.

Do it Arte. Sign him and leave a hero.

Why would Ohtani sign an extension when he doesn't know who the new owner will be?