• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Still nothing in Las Vegas

We were supposed to find out in June - until we didn't. Athletics ownership is still playing both ends against the middle instead of picking a single path and staying with it. They continue to negotiate with Oakland while making multiple trips here. That is probably the most aggravating part of the process. A good friend who knows a member of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority board says that the city is not concerned about the A's decision, because at least two other clubs (which remain unnamed) have taken notice and have talked with the city about a similar arrangement if the A's build their new waterfront palace at Howard Terminal.

That said, a graphic artist in San Francisco has already begun trolling A's fans.

image.png

image.png

image.png

He forgot Kansas City, but I digress.

image.png

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

11 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I wouldn't be shocked if one of those teams were the Angels

and the Rays... IF I was Arte' I would bolt for Vegas in a New York minute and then sell the team! New Stadium, could probably move the AAA team there as well.... Build a training center next to the New Minor League Park in Summerlin. But, Las Vegas/Nevada Medical sucks Ballz! Too many Quacks.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Wouldn’t moving the team from So Cal decrease it’s value?  Can they move the team without breaking the TV deal?  Would a Vegas TV deal give Arte $150 million a year?  Seems unlikely. 

Of course it would decrease the value.  There isn’t a chance in hell the Angels move from Southern California to Las Vegas.

29 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm not saying it's likely. I just wouldn't be shocked.  The longer the stadium deal drags on, the more I wonder...

If the Rams can leave L.A., who knows?

But TV money is completely different in baseball versus football.  

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But TV money is completely different in baseball versus football.  

Ok.

I'm just saying, if the Rams and Raiders can leave the LA market, nothing would surprise me.

Again, not saying it's likely.

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

and the Rays... IF I was Arte' I would bolt for Vegas in a New York minute and then sell the team! New Stadium, could probably move the AAA team there as well.... Build a training center next to the New Minor League Park in Summerlin. But, Las Vegas/Nevada Medical sucks Ballz! Too many Quacks.

First hand experience......you are right about the last sentence

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

the Rams and Raiders left LA in the 90's.  I'm pretty sure the finances are a bit different since then.  And LA gained another team probably because of the money.  

I know all that and yet it was surprising they left.

AGAIN, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Angels left. That’s all.

36 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

The A’s will get a cushy waterfront home in Oakland. The renditions look nice.  Why would Arte go there?  I have a hard time believing a baseball team would do well there.  I know the A’s minor league team does well, but it’s hot AF, and traffic can be crappy there too. 

Ever hear of retractable roofs and air conditioning.

And as a person who lived 10 years in Southern California and last 20 in vegas:

Noone from Socal should mention the word traffic.

There is over 2.2 million people living in the metropolitan area of Las Vegas.  In addition they get over 2 million more visiting each month.

Yes, Vegas can support an mlb team.

30 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Look at the disaster to get in and out of the Speedway.  This is going to go on the Circus Circus site, maybe?  

That's because the speedway is outside Las Vegas heading to Salt Lake City in the middle of nowhere.

Still it's easier getting in and out of there than Dodger stadium or just about anywhere is so cal during Rush hour.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

That's because the speedway is outside Las Vegas heading to Salt Lake City in the middle of nowhere.

You also have around 100,000 people trying to leave the same parking lot at the same time. I attended the Daytona 500 one year, and it was four hours after the race by the time I got out of the parking lot. NASCAR races are unlike anything else in that regard.