• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Shohei be traded?

Will Shohei be traded?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. After reading his comments after last nights loss, do you think Shohei will be traded before this years trade deadline?

• Yes
    • No

I don’t know if it is just how I feel about the team right now, or what, but to me it feels like he is going to be moved.  I can’t fathom a situation where Arte would trade him if Ohtani gave any indication he would be willing to resign.  They would get a pretty nice haul for him and if he is to be traded I would assume it won’t happen until the Soto trade happens to maximize the return.  We will see.

Vote!

I said yes...
It's going to be incredibly weird if he left, but the Angels need depth in so many areas that a trade like this almost has to be done. 

Every night our depth is severely exposed. I'd hate to say it, but IMO there is no way the Angels can win with mega contracts to Ohtani, Trout and Rendon. We all know Arte won't significantly raise payroll.

At this point, the Angels need a jumpstart to a rebuild. This deal gets you those prospects to build around. 

Edited by angelsnationtalk

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

I said yes, but Arte will make sure it's a no. 
It's going to be incredibly weird if he left, but the Angels need depth in so many areas that a trade like this almost has to be done. 

Every night our depth is severely exposed. I'd hate to say it, but IMO there is no way the Angels can win with mega contracts to Ohtani, Trout and Rendon. We all know Arte won't significantly raise payroll.

At this point, the Angels need a jumpstart to a rebuild. This deal gets you those prospects to build around. 

So then no. If you say yes and Arte says no, then they won’t trade him. This isn’t should they trade him it’s will they trade him.  

They're not going to trade him before the deadline.  They'll try to improve the team this off season and convince Shohei to stay.  Whether or not that works or actually happens is another matter... but that seems most likely.  It seems like Arte's only real option.

Seven losing seasons, 2 big contracts Rendon and Trout on IL last 2 years, Ohtani will test FA. New direction is needed. Angels have some decent young starters in Detmers, Sandoval and Suarez. Feel halos could turn things around in a couple of years. I say yes do it now and start changing things around.

14 minutes ago, T.G. said:

They're not going to trade him before the deadline.  They'll try to improve the team this off season and convince Shohei to stay.  Whether or not that works or actually happens is another matter... but that seems most likely.  It seems like Arte's only real option.

I think we make a serious offer this off-season,  but even if he doesn’t re-sign, go into next year ready to win.  Meaning the payroll goes up and maybe  a significant trade of prospects to improve the MLB team.

I was more confident he would after those comments than ever, but I still don’t think he will.  I think Minasian would absolutely do it for the right deal, just still don’t see Arte approving it.  Only way I could see it is if he was getting a bunch of major leaguers that would help us now, but we aren’t getting that for a year and a half of Ohtani

I don't think Shohei will be traded before the deadline.  I think they want to assess where the team is at and what is available for improvement in the offseason.  There are a lot of directions this team could go with or without Shohei, and trying to rush into a decision is not very likely at all.  Shohei is keeping up interest in this team while they evaluate what they currently have, and also what they have in a near ready major league state in the minors.

Of more interest to me is what will be done with the manager and coaching staff, and for that matter will the GM spot be changed.

The Padres are offering CJ Abrams, Adrian Morejon, Mackenzie Gore, Robert Hassell III and more for Juan Soto.

That's a franchise altering amount of talent, all of which is major league ready or will be soon, which removes the uncertainty. 

You're looking at a star starting SS, two major league ready lefties that project toward the middle or front of a rotation and one of the best OF prospects in baseball, that doesn't come with the red flags that Adell or Marsh had (that's not to say they both won't figure it out, but the learning curve being a steep one should've been foreseen). 

If anyone is offering that for Ohtani, then I hope the Angels make that trade, both for their sake and Ohtani's. 

1 minute ago, tomsred said:

I don't think Shohei will be traded before the deadline.  I think they want to assess where the team is at and what is available for improvement in the offseason.  There are a lot of directions this team could go with or without Shohei, and trying to rush into a decision is not very likely at all.  Shohei is keeping up interest in this team while they evaluate what they currently have, and also what they have in a near ready major league state in the minors.

Soooo, will the same group of people be doing the assessing and decision making that did it between the 2021 and 2022 seasons?

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The Padres are offering CJ Abrams, Adrian Morejon, Mackenzie Gore, Robert Hassell III and more for Juan Soto.

That's a franchise altering amount of talent, all of which is major league ready or will be soon, which removes the uncertainty. 

You're looking at a star starting SS, two major league ready lefties that project toward the middle or front of a rotation and one of the best OF prospects in baseball, that doesn't come with the red flags that Adell or Marsh had (that's not to say they both won't figure it out, but the learning curve being a steep one should've been foreseen). 

If anyone is offering that for Ohtani, then I hope the Angels make that trade, both for their sake and Ohtani's. 

Knowing the Angels they'd bring in a haul of top, almost major league ready prospects and then screw up their development.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Knowing the Angels they'd bring in a haul of top, almost major league ready prospects and then screw up their development.

Their precedence and reputation with position player prospects fits this. They've really messed up with some guys. It's crazy Rengifo it's just now breaking out at the major league level, this should've happened a couple years ago, and it appears Walsh's development wasn't sustainable as he's been awful and hasn't adjusted. 

But in regards to pitching, they've actually done pretty well. Silseth's leap, Rodriguez and Bachman when they aren't injured, Ky Bush... I think Morejon and Gore would do well here. 

Just now, Second Base said:

Their precedence and reputation with position player prospects fits this. They've really messed up with some guys. It's crazy Rengifo it's just now breaking out at the major league level, this should've happened a couple years ago, and it appears Walsh's development wasn't sustainable as he's been awful and hasn't adjusted. 

But in regards to pitching, they've actually done pretty well. Silseth's leap, Rodriguez and Bachman when they aren't injured, Ky Bush... I think Morejon and Gore would do well here. 

When is the last time the Angels had a pitching prospect come up and be a reliable force in the rotation or bullpen for more than one season?