• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rob Manfred: “I have confidence in the people that own and operate the Angels.”

BTH

Q: The Angels are being sued by the family of Tyler Skaggs, saying the team knew or should have known that former staffer Eric Kay was supplying players with drugs, a claim denied by the Angels.

The Angels’ stadium deal collapsed amid an FBI investigation into alleged corruption by the now-former Anaheim mayor. The FBI affidavit does not allege any wrongdoing on the part of the team. But the Angels have worked on a stadium deal for a decade, and now they are seven years from the end of their lease, with at least the possibility their ballpark situation could evolve into something like the ones in Oakland and Tampa Bay.

Without asking you to comment specifically on pending or potential legal matters, it is safe to say the Angels are dealing with off-field issues, as well as a continued inability to field a winning team despite the presence of Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani. Are you concerned about the direction of the Angels?

Manfred: I have confidence in the people that own and operate the Angels. You went through issues. Organizations face issues routinely. I think, over time, the Angels have done a really good job of putting a product on the field that attracted people. They had a run of 3 million in attendance for a number of years. I have confidence that they are going to make good decisions going forward.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-07-14/mlb-rob-manfred-trevor-bauer-rule-changes-tv-blackouts

29 minutes ago, mmc said:

Like I said before, as long as you guys keep going, the seasons are gonna be similar to the last 7

I’m not going, but apparently there were 34k+ fools who did go today alone, so my lack of attendance means nothing.

48 minutes ago, ukyah said:

ask me a question about my ex, i'll say lovely things about her. want to know why? because we have a kid together.

point being, there's a common interest. that's all i care about.

@mmc you’re gonna need advice from this fella.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

Manfred: They had a run of 3 million in attendance for a number of years.

This one sentence speaks bucket-loads for the "business behind the game" that is baseball. We as fans only care about the game itself, not how much profit the team makes. The owners are mostly in it for the money. What team execs won't tell you is that half of them don't give a crap about how the team does on the field - just that fans keep showing up and buy useless merch so they can have their yachts in the Caymans.

If you're a Pirates fan, you might be angered by the fact that your team never spends money to get better, and you might see a contending team once very 20 years. Meanwhile, the owner rakes in tens of millions in profit each year.

This also implies that the only power fans have to improve the team is not buy tickets. Don't support a crappy product.

23 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This one sentence speaks bucket-loads for the "business behind the game" that is baseball. We as fans only care about the game itself, not how much profit the team makes. The owners are mostly in it for the money. What team execs won't tell you is that half of them don't give a crap about how the team does on the field - just that fans keep showing up and buy useless merch so they can have their yachts in Newport Harbor.

If you're a Pirates fan, you might be angered by the fact that your team never spends money to get better, and you might see a contending team once very 20 years. Meanwhile, the owner rakes in tens of millions in profit each year.

This also implies that the only power fans have to improve the team is not buy tickets. Don't support a crappy product.