• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA and USC are joining the Big Ten starting in 2024

On 7/21/2022 at 9:38 AM, Blarg said:

The governor demanded a public explanation from the school about its reasoning and how the move will benefit student-athletes.

I will spell it out plainly for Governor Newsom.

The Pac-12s television contract sucks. The Big Ten's doesn't.

The Big Ten has a supporting network that most viewers can easily get. The Pac-12 doesn't.

The Big Ten gives out about a third more revenue to its member schools than the Pac-12.

More money means better facilities, more prominent coaches and better recruiting.

You're welcome, Governor.

• 1 month later...

This situation is so weird.

Cal and Stanford are the college representatives for the 6th largest media market in the US. Then again, how important is a media market in 2023?

Stanford has arguably the best overall athletic department in the country.

We’ll either be part of the B1G or will be lost. It sure sounds like B1G is only going to 18, though. It’s so bizarre.

On 6/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, nando714 said:

Pac 12 will soon be Moutain West- Reloaded 

Correction: The Pac 12 is about to be the Pac 4. Oregon and Washington are being vetted for the Big Ten, and Utah, Arizona and Arizona State are apparently going to the Big 12 to join Colorado. The latter has gone from possible to likely in the past 24 hours.

Where Oregon State, Washington State, California and Stanford land is anyone's guess.

18 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Correction: The Pac 12 is about to be the Pac 4. Oregon and Washington are being vetted for the Big Ten, and Utah, Arizona and Arizona State are apparently going to the Big 12 to join Colorado. The latter has gone from possible to likely in the past 24 hours.

Where Oregon State, Washington State, California and Stanford land is anyone's guess.

Cal and Stanford will join the Big Ten as well if Oregon and UW go. They will find a way to make it work.

Sucks though if the Pac12 does fully implode. What a disaster and epic run of mis-management.

Between conference re-alignment and the transfer portal, college football fucking sucks now.  It pains me to say this, because it’s easily my favorite sport.

The Big 10 and SEC “super” conference bullshit has taken away beautiful rivalries, and worse yet, it has killed the Granddaddy of all the bowl games, the Rose Bowl.

The Pac 12 is in seriously deep shit, and may even cease to exist in the very near future, all in the name of the almighty dollar.  It sucks.

And I miss @Lou

Edited by PattyD22

7 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Between conference re-alignment and the transfer portal, college football fucking sucks now.  It pains me to say this, because it’s easily my favorite sport.

The Big 10 and SEC “super” conference bullshit has taken away beautiful rivalries, and worse yet, it has killed the Granddaddy of all the bowl games, the Rose Bowl.

The Pac 12 is in seriously deep shit, and may even cease to exist in the very near future, all in the name of the almighty dollar.  It sucks.

And I miss @Lou

I do think there are some positives to the transfer portal but I agree. 

Arizona is in the final stages of joining the Big 12. Arizona State and Utah will likely not be far behind.

The Pac 12 killed itself through poor leadership. The failure to establish a strong television presence through a conference network widely available to viewers was a big deal.

The final straw was likely the current television contract. The conference's plan was to affiliate with Apple TV. As one sportswriter put it, if you want to become nationally irrelevant, put your games on a streaming service so that people have to pay extra to watch them.