• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 is done

mmc

I think the key question now is whether Minasian can get anything of value for Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Loup, Tepera, and Bradley. He could try to trade Duffy, Velazquez, Wade, etc, but I don't think those guys have any value. But the pitchers could yield some decent prospects, although he might find it difficult to trade Loup and Tepera due to their contracts.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think the key question now is whether Minasian can get anything of value for Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Loup, Tepera, and Bradley. He could try to trade Duffy, Velazquez, Wade, etc, but I don't think those guys have any value. But the pitchers could yield some decent prospects, although he might find it difficult to trade Loup and Tepera due to their contracts.

Throw in half of Tepera’s and/or Loup’s remaining salaries?

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm looking forward to the "let's trade (insert crappy player's name) for good prospects" posts.

This is the most disappointed I’ve been in a season for as long as I can remember. To me this is worse than how I felt in 1995, but I’m assuming because I spend much more time on the Angels now than I did in 95.  In ‘95 I had a two year old and was working my way up at work.  These days it’s basically my only hobby or my escape from real life. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is the most disappointed I’ve been in a season for as long as I can remember. To me this is worse than how I felt in 1995, but I’m assuming because I spend much more time on the Angels now than I did in 95.  In ‘95 I had a two year old and was working my way up at work.  These days it’s basically my only hobby or my escape from real life. 

I know just how you feel. Even though I live in the Bay Area and have many winning teams to follow, I have remained loyal to the team I grew up with - probably in loyalty to my father who was a Halos fan from the beginning. 
Although I’m considered negative and cynical by some on this board, I can only be reminded of the phrase “Scratch a cynic and you uncover a disappointed idealist.” Peace.

24 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I doubt he trades anyone under contract beyond this year.

Someone will probably bite on Bradley and Lorenzen for a Andrew Heaney/Tony Watson type return. I could see them holding on to Syndergaard any trying to extend him.

I think now’s the time to trade Ohtani. A team would get him for 2 playoff runs instead of 1 and the Angels won’t have to worry about his unknown arb or extension number for 2023 that would cloud how much they can spend this offseason.

I am disappointed but not terribly surprised. We’ve been repeating the same formula for a decade….lots of short term deals to try and fill holes in the pitching staff, terrible decisions on long term deals for position players and a weak farm system that can’t overcome the other deficiencies….wash, rinse repeat…I think you need a balanced approach but the farm system is the key…we just can’t get that right, particularly with pitching…

36 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm looking forward to the "let's trade (insert crappy player's name) for good prospects" posts.

Yeah, that will happen. Syndergaard and Lorenzen have some trade value, though - and possibly the relievers. But Wade, Velazquez, Duffy..probably not. Maybe they could get a fringe prospect for Duffy from a contender wanting a bench bat, but probably unlikely.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

LOL. You can't seem to accept that people have subjective feelings. And I didn't say they had the same impact - all I said that this year has "a bit of the vibe of 1995."

Next time my wife has an emotion I'm going to say, "Well I don't feel that way, so you shouldn't either." Then again I'd rather not sleep on the couch.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It does feel a bit like the angels are approaching inflection point.  Not for the season - which - of course they are.  Maybe already passed that this season.  But a larger more encompassing one.  What are they going to do about this era with Mike trout and Ohtani ? The clock is really ticking on Shohei. But there’s a long time left with Mike.  It seems fucked up to keep doing this.  Tear it down to the studs completely or finally do what was promised to Trout and fucking go for it.  

If they tear it down to the studs and start over it likely solves nothing because the new team will be constructed by the same organization. I’d prefer to see them fail while going all out for it. More entertaining in any case.

Just now, TurboFan said:

If they tear it down to the studs and start over it likely solves nothing because the new team will be constructed by the same organization. I’d prefer to see them fail while going all out for it. More entertaining in any case.

Yea, I’ll go on record to say this is a shit take.  I realize that feelings are subjective, but this opinion is fucking stupid.  

40 minutes ago, TurboFan said:

Mr.TurboFan. 

you are not a frequent poster and I don’t think you are familiar with my feelings on this.  I do not think they *should* tear it down to the studs.  In fact, I have frequently expressed my opposition to this.  The reason being exactly the one you described.  That being that it doesn’t make sense to trust that the organization is able to successfully rebuild.  But the point stands.  If they aren’t going to do what they need to do with Ohtani and Trout then they might as well do something else.  Right now they’re just running in neutral.  Which sucks a lot.  My preference is they stick with Ohtani and Trout.  Let me be more plain.  Arte has to spend a lot more.  That’s what I want. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

At this point, I’d say it’s very unlikely that Ohtani re-ups. He’s expressed the importance of winning and he sees what we all see, a long track record of massive dysfunction. Of course, none of us can look inside his head but why would he continue to subject himself to this disaster?

As for Trout, I don’t believe the Angels would ever approach him on a trade. But I could absolutely see him finally so frustrated that he demands an escape and if he does, he’ll get his wish. Then we might see the first 100 loss season in team history. Or maybe we’ll see it this year anyway.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Part of me wants to get upset, but we're honestly close to that point where I just stop caring. And I mean overall. Forever. 

I just can't anymore. This is supposed to be a fun little "hobby". It's not fun. It hasn't been fun for a long time. It doesn't make me happy anymore.

I was never a "die hard". I just loved watching. But that love is basically gone. This organization beat that out of me.

You don't keep skateboarding if you break a limb every single time you try. You say "you know, maybe this just isn't for me". And then you go do something else that doesn't put you in the ER.

I've had these feelings for a couple years now. The 24-13 streak pulled me back in, but I got buttercup'd. Hard. Not happening again.

Call me a drama queen, or spoiled, or a fairweather fan. I don't care. I've admitted to being a fairweather fan for a while now. 

I'm just done. It's the same shit every year. Every. Year. 4 managers, 4 GM's, countless coaches. Always the same. 

I'm tired, boss.

I wrote a post similar to this when they were 6-14 in 2002. They then went on an 8-game winning streak and, well, you know the rest. 

I’m feeling the same way again - apathetic. I’ll continue to watch and hope something magical happens. If nothing else, my daughter loves to watch and we do this together as a family each game. That alone makes it worth it. Plus we get to watch Trout and Ohtani.