• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd take either. And, actually a couple in the top 12 or so look like they could be big for the Ducks.

It will be interesting how Michkov plays out. Waiting two years to get him wouldn't be a problem. But, with all the uncertainty looking forward (especially the next year), a 3rd pick would be a sizable gamble. But, if he's as good as they say, probably worth taking. How hard would it be to get him out of Russia if world relations went to sh!t. They're corrupt enough that he should be able to make it out.

Okay, one of you guys who knows more about the details than me, help me out. I just read part of the article of each teams biggest progressing prospect on the Athletic. Already I've seen 2-3 guys who are 18 playing for their teams AHL affiliate.  Are the rules different in divisions/ conferences?

Lysell - Boston

Kulich - Buffalo

Jiricek - Columbus

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Okay, one of you guys who knows more about the details than me, help me out. I just read part of the article of each teams biggest progressing prospect on the Athletic. Already I've seen 2-3 guys who are 18 playing for their teams AHL affiliate.  Are the rules different in divisions/ conferences?

Lysell - Boston

Kulich - Buffalo

Jiricek - Columbus

Only thing I can think of is that these players never played in the juniors.  Possibly overseas that never signed for a junior team?  

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Lysell - Boston

Kulich - Buffalo

Jiricek - Columbus

Found this article.  Oddly, it's a Gulls article addressing Ducks.

When can an NHL prospect play in the AHL?

Well, that wasn't a competitive game. Doesn't leave a lot of room for Monday's game going much better.

I think at this point, we probably would have trouble competing with about 20 of the teams in the NHL. Another 6 or so we would be close enough to make a game of it. That leaves about 5 teams that we could beat on a reasonable number of nights.

So, unless we make some real improvements in our defense and continue to progress offensively, 'we in trouble'.

Still early in the season. But at the one quarter point, we're definitely on the road to a first pick lottery position. And, what are we going to look like after the purge - which I'm betting starts after the new year, but before the trade deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

I really thought Edmonton was going to take off this year. The coach and GM they now have were going to take this team to the level they should be with McD and Draisaitl. 

Nope, they're still mucking things up. They're in a good enough spot that they have a lot of time to get going. But, this is ridiculous.

McD should follow Gretzky and Selanne. Move to SoCal and enjoy the sunshine. Three more years when his contract expires should put him at the perfect time to join the Ducks.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I really thought Edmonton was going to take off this year. The coach and GM they now have were going to take this team to the level they should be with McD and Draisaitl. 

Nope, they're still mucking things up. They're in a good enough spot that they have a lot of time to get going. But, this is ridiculous.

McD should follow Gretzky and Selanne. Move to SoCal and enjoy the sunshine. Three more years when his contract expires should put him at the perfect time to join the Ducks.

Draisaitl is a free agent one year before.  Can you imagine the shit show if he walks or gets traded?  It'll be nonstop McJesus trade chatter.

Avalanche now playing without Landeskog, Nichushken, Rodrigues, Lekhonen, Byram, Manson, Helm

That's a workable 2nd line plus one from the 1st line and including all the best forecheckers, the 4th line C and penalty killer plus a legit 2nd pair for D. And this doesn't even include that replacements like Kaut, Bowers, Myers, MacDermid are also out.

MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, Toews, and Georgiev have carried the team on their backs so far. This is why I think when all is said and done MacK will win the Hart

Edited by arch stanton