• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Sharks Trade Jaycob Megna To Kraken

Was the line to the Ducks busy, or did they take the All Star Break off?  

He can sign in the offseason and we don't have to give up anything. Just tell him we'll cut his brother if he doesn't sign - done deal.

Oh, I guess we would have to wait until the season after next. Eh, his brother might not be around that long. Verbeek likes big guys. So, maybe he'll sigh him anyway.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, gotbeer said:

That pretty much torpedoes the season. Stone is probably the single most important piece in the lineup - not that other injuries weren't already pushing the team over the edge. I don't know half the guys in the lineup, and the top farm team is crashing because everybody meaningful has been called up to cover injuries.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

11 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

He can sign in the offseason and we don't have to give up anything. Just tell him we'll cut his brother if he doesn't sign - done deal.

Oh, I guess we would have to wait until the season after next. Eh, his brother might not be around that long. Verbeek likes big guys. So, maybe he'll sigh him anyway.

What I'm saying is we have tons of depth defensemen to move, and the Sharks got the jump on us.  Beaulieu or even Shattenkirk for any pick would have sufficed.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

What I'm saying is we have tons of depth defensemen to move, and the Sharks got the jump on us.  Beaulieu or even Shattenkirk for any pick would have sufficed.

Maybe we offered and they didn't want our guys. Megna has been doing fairly well with Karlsson.

Beaulieu not in the same league as Megna.

Shattenkirk nothing special defensively.

Hey, we're winning. So, you know the trades are going to come sooner than they would otherwise.

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Cozens was taken a couple picks ahead of Z. Maybe he gets something close to that? Or will he bridge and head to UFA?

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

If the Ducks can get Z and Terry for 7M I think they should tie them up for as long as they're willing to go.

On one hand, 8 year deal for Z and Terry sounds good.  On the other hand, an NHLer isn't a FA till 7 years or 27.  Z is on year 3, Terry on year 5 or 6 depending on that first year of 2 games counts or not.  So do you play the game, and  extend him for 8 years 3, or 4 if you want to cut it real close, years from now for a total of 11-12.  Of course an 8 year deal now vs an  8 year deal 3-4 years from now may vary greatly in $$.  So it's a tough call to lock him up now, or wait.  Another thing to consider.  If you do the 3 then 8, you would have him till he's 32.  Where you pretty much have him through his prime.  In Terry's case, if you gave him a 8 year deal after this season, you would have him till he's 34.  

I'd say for Z and McTavish, go the bridge route.  Risk paying him more later on, but know that when you do pay him more, you will be paying him for his entire prime.  Whereas you give him an 8 now, you take him to 29, and the following 7-8 will be expensive and buying a lot of down years.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

On one hand, 8 year deal for Z and Terry sounds good.  On the other hand, an NHLer isn't a FA till 7 years or 27.  Z is on year 3, Terry on year 5 or 6 depending on that first year of 2 games counts or not.  So do you play the game, and  extend him for 8 years 3, or 4 if you want to cut it real close, years from now for a total of 11-12.  Of course an 8 year deal now vs an  8 year deal 3-4 years from now may vary greatly in $$.  So it's a tough call to lock him up now, or wait.  Another thing to consider.  If you do the 3 then 8, you would have him till he's 32.  Where you pretty much have him through his prime.  In Terry's case, if you gave him a 8 year deal after this season, you would have him till he's 34.  

I'd say for Z and McTavish, go the bridge route.  Risk paying him more later on, but know that when you do pay him more, you will be paying him for his entire prime.  Whereas you give him an 8 now, you take him to 29, and the following 7-8 will be expensive and buying a lot of down years.

Good point.

Blues trade Tarasenko to Rangers for first-round pick, Blais, Skinner: Why the deal was made

The full deal:

#NYRNHL_Team_2022_NY_Rangers_v2.png get: Vladimir Tarasenko, Niko Mikkola

STL gets: Conditional 2023 1st-rounder, conditional 2024 4th, Sammy Blais, Hunter Skinner

On 1st: Lower of two #NYRNHL_Team_2022_NY_Rangers_v2.png firsts

On 4th: Becomes a 2024 3rd if #NYRNHL_Team_2022_NY_Rangers_v2.png make playoffs

STL retains 50% of Tarasenko's cap hit

Edited by gotbeer

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not a good sign for the Ducks. This is starting to look like GM's see the trade deadline as a buyers market. I expect a move by Verbeek in the next two weeks. 

I can also see him using our cap space as a tie in to trading players - an upgrader if you would. He's got to use what he has to an advantage. I wonder if the Samuelis will be onboard with leveraging the cap space while the eventual Sinclair bankruptcy and it's financial ramifications linger.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Not a good sign for the Ducks. This is starting to look like GM's see the trade deadline as a buyers market. I expect a move by Verbeek in the next two weeks. 

I can also see him using our cap space as a tie in to trading players - an upgrader if you would. He's got to use what he has to an advantage. I wonder if the Samuelis will be onboard with leveraging the cap space while the eventual Sinclair bankruptcy and it's financial ramifications linger.

From what I understand.  The Ducks only get $25 million from their Bally Sports contract.  Much smaller than the Clippers and Angels.  Fraction actually.  So for the league as a whole, they can absorb it a lot better.  It's also a higher chance that they will get paid close to full, as opposed to the Angels that may only get a portion.  I think this is why the NHL was all ok with the streaming deal with Bally's where only the smaller market/lesser paid MLB clubs signed on so far.  

As bad as the digital billboards are, although they don't bother me actually I like them better than the random local billboards all along the ice, they are probably making enough to cover the possible tv shortfall.  Same can be said about the ads on the unis.  

As far as the trade goes.  Yeah, buyers market.  But it's still way before the deadline.  The NY teams are making moves, and they are closer to the bubble.  I think the good thing going for the Ducks is, since it's a buyers market, some players may be off the table.  If Arizona isn't going to get a ransom, they won't trade Churchryn and wait.  If San Jose doesn't get what they want, they can wait on trading Karlsson.  Really, Kane and Towes are the only one's that can't be waited on.  Which works for the Ducks, because we have defensemen that need to be moved.

Kailer Yamamoto Expected To Play Tomorrow

The Edmonton Oilers have something up their sleeves. For a week now, the hockey world has been wondering how they would clear enough cap space to activate Kailer Yamamoto. The overwhelming sentiment was that Jesse Puljujarvi would end up on waivers. Either he would be claimed by another team, removing his entire $3MM cap hit, or buried in the minor leagues, giving them the needed $1.125MM.

I hope the Ducks put a claim in.  $3 million cap hit to see if he can fit, and if not, you just don't offer a contract after the season.  But a guy that's 6'4", 201 lbs fits Beekers future vision of a bigger team.  He's also a big wing that if he can score, would fit well on the wing of Z or Lundestrom.   He's also a Right shot, which works with the left Z, Lundestrom, and McTavish.