• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

Might as well start it up.  It begins.

Buffalo Sabres Acquire Ben Bishop

Sounds like Buffalo is going to continue to rebuild, as this move sounds like something just to get to the floor.  Weird trade though.  Bishop and a seventh for future considerations.  Maybe someone they draft upcoming?  Buffalo does have a bunch of picks, and might set the bar for salary dumps this offseason.

I wouldn't think there's going to be any shortage of contracts being offloaded this offseason. Just a question of what can you get for taking them. The number of serious playoff contenders should help. Especially since some that thought they would go further, didn't.

Seems fitting that the game winner came when Trouba tried to line up a signature cheap shot mid-ice hit and gave up a 2-on-1 to the most dangerous duo on the ice. 

I like the finals matchup. Either we get a historic threepeat or the Avs knock the kings off the hill. Can’t wait for Wednesday (Thursday morning my time)

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Either we get a historic threepeat or the Avs knock the kings off the hill. 

Good way of looking at it.  Both teams are definitely worthy of being in the finals.  Not like last season.  cough last place Canadians.

Gallant messed up and was out coached. He should have set his team up to get more high risk shots on net. The two top goalies in the NHL and Vasilevskiy in a playoff clinching game. No surprise it was a low scoring game. TB took good opportunities instead of waiting for the best opportunities.

And, waiting until 1 minute left in the game to pull his goalie. How did that plan happen?

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Seems fitting that the game winner came when Trouba tried to line up a signature cheap shot mid-ice hit and gave up a 2-on-1 to the most dangerous duo on the ice. 

I like the finals matchup. Either we get a historic threepeat or the Avs knock the kings off the hill. Can’t wait for Wednesday (Thursday morning my time)

Or it turns out to be all about the mojo. Who's is better, Maroon or Perry.

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

At this point Maroon is just a net front big body. Perry still gets around a little better and always seems to be in the mix

Yeah, I see that. But, that's what they've been saying about Pat since he was with the Ducks. Tampa Bay is a very well run organization. They don't keep guys unless they're making a significant contribution.

25 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I'd like to see Colorado win this. But I just wonder if Vasilevskiy isn't too much to overcome. Also, what if Point comes back and is able to play reasonably well?

I wouldn't bet on this series.

This is one finals that I'll probably watch.  And I usually don't watch any championship in any sport when I don't have a rooting interest.  I hope it doesn't disappoint.  

The Avs will be a whole new animal. In game 6 the Rangers got 3 shots from their D, all 3 were Trouba. The won't keep trying to get the puck down low to the forwards. They'll never have a game with only 21 shots. The big question for me is how the middle 6's shake out. 3rd line could be Tampa's biggest advantage if Kadri doesn't play

Colorado definitely has the skill to win this. What is questionable to me is their goaltender/defense going to hold up well enough to win four before Vasilevskiy and the Lightening's defense does. Also, can they adapt (and will they need to) like TB is able to. Going back to last year, TB plays their season like a preseason to the playoffs. Plus they're extremely well coached and put together. I don't think Colorado will be able to run over them to get to four like they have with other teams.

For TB: Hedman better be okay and if Point can deliver quality play, that would be a big plus.

I don't follow these two teams. So, I don't have a good feel  for how they'll match up. But if I was going to bet, it would be that this series will go to 6/7 games. Not a big reach, but I wouldn't feel comfortable betting on anything else.

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

That was fun but I don't think I can handle a full series of McDonough and Ferarro. I'll see if I can get the Canadian feed next game

No way I would pay for all the broadcasters the NHL wants to use now. I use the free one on Pinterest (nhl66). I don't care about the announcers. Freeloaders shouldn't be picky. 

But, I get what you're saying. The NHL still has a ways to go to reach the level of the big three leagues. 

I'm using NHL.com so I think I have a choice of broadcasts

As far as the game went, the Avs dominated play like they normally do but their D gambles so much that they always give up a few odd man rushes the other way. Tampa 2nd goal is all on Makar. He left his man to help on Kucherov who was always looking for that pass and Palat was right on the spot.

Cooper wants the Cirelli line against McKinnon but Bender wants best on best so will send them out against Stamkos and Kuch. As the series progresses we'll see how hard they try to match up

Newhook looks not ready for prime time. I think we'll see Kadri sooner than expected

Tampa 2nd goal is all on Makar. He left his man to help on Kucherov who was always looking for that pass and Palat was right on the spot.

That was a really smooth play. Plays like that and watching them on the power play show how good a job was done putting this team together and how well coached they are. But they've met their match with Sakic and Bednar.

I still see this series as even as game 1 and going 6-7 games. 

Not the prized markets. But, for entertainment value, the NHL hit it big with this match up.

Tampa 2nd goal is all on Makar. He left his man to help on Kucherov who was always looking for that pass and Palat was right on the spot.

That was a really smooth play. Plays like that and watching them on the power play show how good a job was done putting this team together and how well coached they are. But they've met their match with Sakic and Bednar.

I still see this series as even as game 1 and going 6-7 games. 

Not the prized markets. But, for entertainment value, the NHL hit it big with this match up.

Like Half a grain of salt, it's Eklund.  But interesting stuff.  Is Anaheim LA?  Maybe a heart to heart from one Fin to another would sway him.

11 Updated on Chart.. On Nylander, Forsberg, Gaudreau, Laine…+ Buzz@1

On Laine…

I am told in a similar way Panarin wanted to be in NY, Patrik Laine wants to be in LA. The Jackets won’t just hand him over of course…It will take ALOT…but from all I am hearing, a deal could get done..

Congratulations Dadonov.  Instead of playing for an up and coming team like the Ducks, you get to go to a cap strapped rebuilding team like the Canadians to show off your skills before FA'cy.  

I still don't get what the Knights are trying to do though.  Dadonov had one year left.  Webber has 4 years, $7.85 million left.  No amount of LTIR Olympics is going to help that.

Shea Weber Traded to Golden Knights from Canadiens for Evgenii Dadonov