• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

Which NHL teams had the best and worst trade deadlines? Scores for all 32

Way too generous a ranking for the Ducks.  They were 1 or 2 out of 10 at best.  And it wasn't just three potential free agents.  They didn't include Grant and Beaulieu.  Also RFA's Comtois.  To the lesser extent Stolarz.  And with contracts, Silfverberg, Rico, Gibswim, Vatrano, Carrick.  Even to lesser extents, Megna, Leason, Whte.  

There was a lot that should have moved on this team.  And only 2 did.

Not that he had much choice in the matter.  And normally this would be a death sentence team to get traded to.  But looks like he's happy to be traded there.

Chychrun prepared for 'cool' homecoming in front of family with Senators

Originally from Boca Raton, Florida, where his family settled following his father Jeff's eight seasons in the NHL, Chychrun's second home is in Ottawa. He spent summers at a family cottage in White Lake, an hour west of the city, when he played for the Coyotes during his first seven NHL seasons. His father is from Ottawa, and his grandfather, John, and sister, Taylor, live there.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:53 AM, gotbeer said:

Which NHL teams had the best and worst trade deadlines? Scores for all 32

Way too generous a ranking for the Ducks.  They were 1 or 2 out of 10 at best.  And it wasn't just three potential free agents.  They didn't include Grant and Beaulieu.  Also RFA's Comtois.  To the lesser extent Stolarz.  And with contracts, Silfverberg, Rico, Gibswim, Vatrano, Carrick.  Even to lesser extents, Megna, Leason, Whte.  

There was a lot that should have moved on this team.  And only 2 did.

Every time I try to read an article from The Athletic, I am hit with a paywall.

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Every time I try to read an article from The Athletic, I am hit with a paywall.

Yeah, they are a paid subscription service.  but their hockey stuff, at least for the Ducks is top notch.  Don't know if they have a beat writer for Vegas though.  But for the $20 I pay for the year, it's well worth it.

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, they are a paid subscription service.  but their hockey stuff, at least for the Ducks is top notch.  Don't know if they have a beat writer for Vegas though.  But for the $20 I pay for the year, it's well worth it.

They do have a beat writer for Vegas and he's a good one. Shows up on a lot ofd their podcasts as well

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Maybe it would be worth it to take out an annual subscription. Thanks for the input, GB and Arch.

Just watch them and be sure to cancel before the subscription ends. If they auto resubscribe you, they will charge you at least 3x that much.

8 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Just watch them and be sure to cancel before the subscription ends. If they auto resubscribe you, they will charge you at least 3x that much.

Yeah, no doubt.  I just looked at my sub, and they will charge me $71.99 if I don't cancel beforehand.  

19 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Same drill that I go through with SiriusXM every year. They want to double or triple my cost, I threaten to cancel, and they give me back my original price.

33 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Avs rested, Sharks on back-to-back and coming from Canada. Shots on goal 25-2 score 5-0, 5 minutes into the 2nd. They should have a mercy rule for this

One of those games, where you want to play the fourth line, 30 minutes, and your top lines 10.  

39 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Avs rested, Sharks on back-to-back and coming from Canada. Shots on goal 25-2 score 5-0, 5 minutes into the 2nd. They should have a mercy rule for this

Also it's pretty sad, that a team spent like drunk sailors mortgaging their future may get rewarded with a guy like Bedard.  

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Also it's pretty sad, that a team spent like drunk sailors mortgaging their future may get rewarded with a guy like Bedard.  

Well, their just reward will be that only one team gets him. And, if it's Chicago, Arizona, San Jose or maybe (probably) Columbus it won't help them. When you sleaze yourself out to the extent these organizations have, one player can't save you. Bedard is no McDavid. Especially at this stage of their careers. Has the sleazy Edmonton organization been able to make things happen even having Draisaitl (and a lot of other wasted talent). Nope.

Bedard going to any of the above organizations is a waste of his talent and probably career. The NHL is heavily draft influenced. Setting up the draft to encourage failure is just causing more failure and worse cases of it. The lottery is good, but it still doesn't go far enough.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Well, their just reward will be that only one team gets him. And, if it's Chicago, Arizona, San Jose or maybe (probably) Columbus it won't help them. When you sleaze yourself out to the extent these organizations have, one player can't save you. Bedard is no McDavid. Especially at this stage of their careers. Has the sleazy Edmonton organization been able to make things happen even having Draisaitl (and a lot of other wasted talent). Nope.

Bedard going to any of the above organizations is a waste of his talent and probably career. The NHL is heavily draft influenced. Setting up the draft to encourage failure is just causing more failure and worse cases of it. The lottery is good, but it still doesn't go far enough.

Chicago is probably where he will succeed the most.  Chicago can still get the FA's to surround him with, but really Chicago is just starting a rebuild.  Star players can't do it alone.  Bedard alone won't help.  At least Columbus will have Laine and Gaudreau.  Arizona or San Jose have jack shit and will need multiple years of high picks to have a chance at Bedard achieving his potential.  On the Ducks, he'd instantly make the team and himself better, just because we have the core of Z, Terry, and McTavish already.  Really, outside of Michkov since he's stuck in the USSR for a few more years, any of the top picks would thrive and possibly put up the best numbers if they were on the Ducks next season.  

A former coworker who is now retired in Florida is at the Knights-Lightning game tonight in Tampa. I was texting with her earlier today, and she said that she and her husband would be seated with two friends near where the players enter the ice. I jokingly said "Maybe I will see you on TV." I didn't have to wait long. First minute of the game, Kolesar's goal. Their group is at the 0:17 point of the video. My coworker is the lady with the short blonde hair and glasses on the right of the group of four people shown right after the goal. She retired from the Nevada Department of Corrections as a dentist after being an instructor at the UNLV School of Dentistry, and her husband is retired from the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners. They were STH here but they aren't in Tampa. Their daughter is part of the crew that comes out on the ice during breaks in play and shovels up loose shavings at Colorado Avalanche games.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=35823734

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan