• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

I absolutely love the camera angle from behind the goalie when teams are on the power play, like ESPN has been doing.  It’s fantastic.  It’s shows what the goalie is facing with screens, it shows the personnel changes and all the crisp passing.

Absolutely love it.  I sure wish Bally’s Sports would do the same.

21 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I absolutely love the camera angle from behind the goalie when teams are on the power play, like ESPN has been doing.  It’s fantastic.  It’s shows what the goalie is facing with screens, it shows the personnel changes and all the crisp passing.

Absolutely love it.  I sure wish Bally’s Sports would do the same.

A buddy of mine got comp tickets behind the goal for a Knights game against Calgary, third row, about three seats to the left of the goalie. The game takes on a whole different look from down there.

6 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A buddy of mine got comp tickets behind the goal for a Knights game against Calgary, third row, about three seats to the left of the goalie. The game takes on a whole different look from down there.

I sat in 3rd row behind the goal at a SD Gulls game once. Totally different game experience. When you can see the looks on the players faces and hear what they say, feel the hits against the glass, you get the game from a totally different experience.

Reminds me of the time I was kayaking in the ocean. I had seen dolphins from the shore and at Sea World before. But, when a few dolphins surrounded me and one came up maybe five feet to my side, l had a totally different perspective.  Something about the look in his eye. Being in his world of the wild was something I’ve never forgotten.

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

And for the 30th consecutive season there will be no Canadian team winning the Cup. Sorry Connor. 
Kinda fitting that all the VGK goals came from the old Misfits line

And, it’s not like they didn’t have teams with the talent. Just poor management. A bunch of hockey guys from back in the day who had no business running hockey organizations.

14 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

And, it’s not like they didn’t have teams with the talent. Just poor management. A bunch of hockey guys from back in the day who had no business running hockey organizations.

You could easily argue that Edmonton and Toronto were the two best teams left in round 2 but the Leafs can’t get out of their own way and Skinner turned back into a pumpkin a few weeks too early. 

Could we possibly see the Yzerplan take an unexpected turn and trade for Matthews or Marner?

25 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You could easily argue that Edmonton and Toronto were the two best teams left in round 2 but the Leafs can’t get out of their own way and Skinner turned back into a pumpkin a few weeks too early. 

Could we possibly see the Yzerplan take an unexpected turn and trade for Matthews or Marner?

I don’t know if he would want Matthews. For what he gets paid, is he really worth having? I mean, has the guy ever come up big In the playoffs? He doesn’t seem like a Yzerman kind of guy.

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I don’t know if he would want Matthews. For what he gets paid, is he really worth having? I mean, has the guy ever come up big In the playoffs? He doesn’t seem like a Yzerman kind of guy.

He’s got 44 points in 50 playoff games, mostly at even strength. And that’s with a 5% lower S% than regular season. It’s not world beating but it’s still good. As he ages and gets moved to the wing he’s going to score plenty. I just think it’s Red Wings tradition to poach stars for their big push 

Canadian teams are going to have an identity crisis this off season. Questions around Toronto and Winnipeg. And with Edmonton getting bounced, you know talk around them is going to start. Although I don't think there will be big changes there. 

And for as much as Vegas mortgages their future and trades out players like a drunk sailor on shore leave. They just seem to chug along. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So just a 100% pure hypothetical.  Would you would they?

Arizona:  Matthews

Toronto:  #6 and #12 pick.

Matthews has one year left on his deal. Any team trading for him will want to re-sign him. I don’t believe for a minute that he wants to play in Arizona. He’s going to want a big media market with a chance to win. That’s why I chose Detroit because it’s the only legit hockey market that can afford him 

26 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Matthews has one year left on his deal. Any team trading for him will want to re-sign him. I don’t believe for a minute that he wants to play in Arizona. He’s going to want a big media market with a chance to win. That’s why I chose Detroit because it’s the only legit hockey market that can afford him 

Besides it being where he grew up and lives in the offseason?

On 5/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, arch stanton said:

And for the 30th consecutive season there will be no Canadian team winning the Cup. Sorry Connor. 
Kinda fitting that all the VGK goals came from the old Misfits line

Hat trick by Jonathan Marchessault, the first player that the team signed to a long term deal after the expansion draft.

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Hat trick by Jonathan Marchessault, the first player that the team signed to a long term deal after the expansion draft.

They've done a real good job of knowing the type of team they wanted to build and finding/getting the players to make it happen.

The best thing the two expansion teams have done for the league is blow up the fallacy of needing to have a 6-8 year rebuild. Getting a few of the elite talents works, but it's really just a substitute for not being able to evaluate talent and match it properly.

31 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If there's ever been a legit excuse to force an owner to sell this has to be it. They've got a lot of talent on the way. Arriving in Houston they could watch them rise just as Dallas ages out and that would make it even sweeter for them