• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

59 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Bobrovsky trying to earn the whole 70 mil of his contract in this one post season 

I really thought this was going to be a good series.  But dang Cats.  3-0, Hurricane warning turned out to be a tropical depression.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Houston has heavily supported minor league hockey for years. If I were looking to move a team, they would be at the top of my list.

What I’ve heard this week that sounds most plausible is that the NHL has another round of expansion in mind so they don’t want to waste potential billion dollar expansion fees on relocating existing franchises. I believe they’re now talking to Mesa and other cities in the Phoenix area about getting something built a little quicker than the Tempe district was going to be be done 

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

What I’ve heard this week that sounds most plausible is that the NHL has another round of expansion in mind so they don’t want to waste potential billion dollar expansion fees on relocating existing franchises. I believe they’re now talking to Mesa and other cities in the Phoenix area about getting something built a little quicker than the Tempe district was going to be be done 

Yeah, that's what I was reading also.  They don't want to waste over a billion in expansion fees by moving an existing team to Houston.  What's funny though is that they have a perfect 32 teams right now.  Expansion would mean you would need at least 2 teams, but 4 would be better.  And then you have to deal with do you make the playoffs 18 teams instead of 16?  Where 16 divides up well.  With 18, you would have to have 2 series of eliminations to get to 16.  I hate how they watered down the MLB playoffs, and would hate to see the NHL go that route.  

Also, I wonder if they would consider a temporary move of the Coyotes?  Like next season, they go to KC for a year, since they have an arena ready.  Then they could gauge interest, they would definitely get more revenue, and if it works out in Arizona, they could move back.  They would also know if KC is an expansion candidate, or a move candidate.  it would be hard on the players, but probably better than playing in front of 2000 people in a minor college rink.

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I really thought this was going to be a good series.  But dang Cats.  3-0, Hurricane warning turned out to be a tropical depression.

Don’t look now @gotbeer, but the other series is trending that way also.  Good gracious, 3-0 Vegas, 7 mins into the game.

Oettinger already pulled.

Edited by PattyD22

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Don’t look now @gotbeer, but the other series is trending that way also.  Good gracious, 3-0 Vegas, 7 mins into the game.

Yeah.  But Dallas is a trash team anyways.  Their captain showed how trashy they are. This definitely looks like at least a one game if not more game suspension also.  That's just uncalled for to cross check someone on the head/neck when they are on the ice.

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I fully expected the Stars to get a big bump from playing at home. The Knights took the suspense out of it pretty early.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Fixed.

As much as the Stars have tried to sugar coat it, it was a dirty play, an intentional act hoping to injure the captain of the opposing team. Benn should be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. We will see if anything close to that happens.

26 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

As much as the Stars have tried to sugar coat it, it was a dirty play, an intentional act hoping to injure the captain of the opposing team. Benn should be suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. We will see if anything close to that happens.

They actually did something.  I was not, but am surprised.

Benn suspended 2 games for cross-checking Stone in head

28 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Lost 2 OT then 2 one goal games while controlling play most of the time. Canes have to add scorers. This is what makes it so risky to pass on Mitzkov in this draft 

All I know about Fantilli is the little I've read. Do you not think he's a skilled scorer?

37 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

All I know about Fantilli is the little I've read. Do you not think he's a skilled scorer?

You don’t become a consensus top 2 pick without being able to score and I’m not necessarily saying you take him ahead of Fantilli but if he falls all the way to Washington at 8 there’s gonna be 5 teams regretting that choice