• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

So they gave Makar a 1 game suspension for the hit on McCann. There was no whistle and they both appeared to be looking for the puck which went out of play. There was no call after the play until McCann looked injured.

The DOPS issued a statement saying it's because he "was not eligible to be hit". That statement has since disappeared from the NHL website because it's ludicrous in that it's the definition of interference which is was what they called on the ice. With everything we see that doesn't even warrant a hearing this smacks of the league placating the whining Kraken.

All I ask going forward is that they suspend whoever hits a player who is "ineligible to be hit" or just have the decency to eat a bag of poison dicks and go die

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So they gave Makar a 1 game suspension for the hit on McCann. There was no whistle and they both appeared to be looking for the puck which went out of play. There was no call after the play until McCann looked injured.

The DOPS issued a statement saying it's because he "was not eligible to be hit". That statement has since disappeared from the NHL website because it's ludicrous in that it's the definition of interference which is was what they called on the ice. With everything we see that doesn't even warrant a hearing this smacks of the league placating the whining Kraken.

All I ask going forward is that they suspend whoever hits a player who is "ineligible to be hit" or just have the decency to eat a bag of poison dicks and go die

Sometimes they just make it up on the fly. I don't know why the players put up with it.

The NHL still has a bunch of good ol' boys who think they know how hockey is supposed to be. They're locked in their goon period, corrupt mentality. The league will be better off the further away from them they get.

I will say this, the Ref'ing has gotten better than the days that they blatantly made up calls to affect outcomes. They don't seem to favor certain teams or the weaker teams in playoffs (to extend series to 6-7 games) as much as they used to. 

On 4/26/2023 at 11:17 AM, deepdrive said:

Sometimes they just make it up on the fly. I don't know why the players put up with it.

The NHL still has a bunch of good ol' boys who think they know how hockey is supposed to be. They're locked in their goon period, corrupt mentality. The league will be better off the further away from them they get.

I will say this, the Ref'ing has gotten better than the days that they blatantly made up calls to affect outcomes. They don't seem to favor certain teams or the weaker teams in playoffs (to extend series to 6-7 games) as much as they used to. 

As there are no sweeps, and most games look to be going at least 6.  Maybe someone will be knocked out today.  

But watching games this year, you know it's not true.  The refs will call a penalty, the second McJesus gets touched.  But you can overhand chop a nobody, and it's play on.  This is especially true if certain teams are losing.

That's some crazy stuff going on, isn't it. And, since it looks so strong by their actions that they're hiding info from the public, it could be even more messed up than we know.

Stay tuned for more from Days of our Hocket Lives. As if the playoffs wasn't making this point in the season interesting enough.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:43 AM, arch stanton said:

That has a familiar ring to it.

For the first time since 2018 Pat Maroon will not play in the SCF and for the first time in forever we don't have to hear about the first round curse on the Leafs.

I'm betting that the Tampa players are somewhat relieved that they're finally getting a little bit of an off season. They'll be back again next year and I wouldn't count them out then

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

For the first time since 2018 Pat Maroon will not play in the SCF and for the first time in forever we don't have to hear about the first round curse on the Leafs.

I'm betting that the Tampa players are somewhat relieved that they're finally getting a little bit of an off season. They'll be back again next year and I wouldn't count them out then

Amazing. Three of Toronto's four wins came in Tampa, with two of those in overtime.

I agree with you about next year. The league may have gotten a one year respite from the Lightning, but they have built an incredible organization.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

You could hear them tears.

BTW, confession to make.  I see the Panthers are up 2-1 going into the third.  So I'm like I want to watch this choke.  Then Boston rattles off 2 goals to start the period.  And I'm like fuck watching this, so I turn it off.  Panthers fans, please donate generously.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

You could hear them tears.

BTW, confession to make.  I see the Panthers are up 2-1 going into the third.  So I'm like I want to watch this choke.  Then Boston rattles off 2 goals to start the period.  And I'm like fuck watching this, so I turn it off.  Panthers fans, please donate generously.  

And sometimes you don't hear anything