• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

25 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You don’t become a consensus top 2 pick without being able to score and I’m not necessarily saying you take him ahead of Fantilli but if he falls all the way to Washington at 8 there’s gonna be 5 teams regretting that choice 

Yeah if he does fall to Washington, they are going to look really smart. Even smarter if they can get him out of the khl contract early like that other ruskie. 

Anything out of the top 5 is a fail of probably the 4 and 5 team. Maybe even 6.  But we are talking San Jose and Arizona here so fuck them. 

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah if he does fall to Washington, they are going to look really smart. Even smarter if they can get him out of the khl contract early like that other ruskie. 

Anything out of the top 5 is a fail of probably the 4 and 5 team. Maybe even 6.  But we are talking San Jose and Arizona here so fuck them. 

I think there’s a good chance Arizona takes him because it’s money not spent for 3 years but I can’t see San Jose delaying the payoff for that long 

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think there’s a good chance Arizona takes him because it’s money not spent for 3 years but I can’t see San Jose delaying the payoff for that long 

I was thinking the same thing.  Although I can also see Mitzkov then saying F that, and waiting out till he's a FA.  I mean, he's already going to use 3 of the 5 years.  Wait out 2 years and go to where he wants like the Red Wings or Capitals.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Although I can also see Mitzkov then saying F that, and waiting out till he's a FA.  I mean, he's already going to use 3 of the 5 years.  Wait out 2 years and go to where he wants like the Red Wings or Capitals.

Arizona might actually be pretty good in 3 years

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Sorry man. I just can't will myself to root for that team

I don't know why, but I can't either. I like a lot of the players on the team. I like the make up of the team and the way they play. I just can't root for them.

Maybe it's that they are in the same division as the Ducks. I have a hard time rooting for the Kings for that reason. Also, I can't get over the NHL's (Bettman) boot licker mentality towards them. It's worse than his infatuation with Phoenix. And the apology thing - what a joke. I think most teams can come up with something they truly deserve an apology for. Did they get it? Nope. 'It's hockey man, suck it up'.

20 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I don't know why, but I can't either. I like a lot of the players on the team. I like the make up of the team and the way they play. I just can't root for them.

Maybe it's that they are in the same division as the Ducks. I have a hard time rooting for the Kings for that reason. Also, I can't get over the NHL's (Bettman) boot licker mentality towards them. It's worse than his infatuation with Phoenix. And the apology thing - what a joke. I think most teams can come up with something they truly deserve an apology for. Did they get it? Nope. 'It's hockey man, suck it up'.

I can appreciate non-support from fans of division rivals. I respect that opinion. I don't get the comments about Bettman - at all.

By "the apology", I presume you mean the one that came out after Dallas fans littered the ice with debris. If so, the Knights had nothing to do with it. If you're talking about Jamie Benn's crosscheck of Mark Stone why he was down on the ice, that's not hockey. That's thuggery of the type that I used to see in the minors.

One cool thing about this year's final is that a team who have never won the Cup will hoist it, regardless of which way it goes. That said, Go, Knights, go.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

6 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I can appreciate non-support from fans of division rivals. I respect that opinion. I don't get the comments about Bettman - at all.

By "the apology", I presume you mean the one that came out after Dallas fans littered the ice with debris. If so, the Knights had nothing to do with it.

No, it was a blown call that cost Vegas a playoff game (series, too?). Bettman had the league issue an apology to the team and it's fans. Not this year, last year or the year before. 

Hey, Bettman has brought the league forward in a lot of ways. Still, some stuff he does brings up reminders of all the favoritism in past years, at the expense of teams like the Ducks, the NHL good ol' boys have done (and to a lesser extent still do).

It's not an equitable league and he runs it.

Probably because the call was so blatantly wrong. It essentially decided the series, because both the game and the series were over until "the call". Officials called something that didn't happen based upon what they saw afterward. It may have something to do with the fact that we hadn't been in the league for long, and he may have been thinking about good will in the community. I'm not inside Bettman's head, so I'm just guessing.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Probably because the call was so blatantly wrong. Officials called something that didn't happen. It may have something to do with the fact that we hadn't been in the league for long, and he may have been thinking about good will in the community. I'm not inside Bettman's head, so I'm just guessing.

You're right, it was a bad call. But has Bettman ever had the league apologize for anything before or since? Not that I'm aware of. It's an attitude he has that shows his disregard for a number of teams in the league. He's not impartial.

Hey, do you think what Chicago did over the last year was anything but disgusting and detrimental to the integrity of the league? The only thing that saved even a little bit of respect was Toews keeping the team playing at a non-quit level. Do you think 3/4's of the teams would have dared pull a stunt like that. I don't. I think Bettman would have come down on them if they did. 

Nothing was really gained from it, for whatever reason that he said it. Sure, the rule was changed for the next season, but the damage was already done. My fear was that the Sharks would go on to win the Cup, then some dolt would wear Stanley Cup Champions apparel to a game at T-Mobile the next season and provoke people. It would have been ugly.

21 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Nothing was really gained from it, for whatever reason that he said it. Sure, the rule was changed for the next season, but the damage was already done. My fear was that the Sharks would go on to win the Cup, then some dolt would wear Stanley Cup Champions apparel to a game at T-Mobile the next season and provoke people. It would have been ugly.

I think he did it because Vegas had become such a big success for the NHL. For a league that has always been fourth to the big three, it was their chance to be number one at something. He was probably afraid of something damaging the NHL's reputation in the city of their biggest success. Still, favoritism of any kind from the head of a league is not going to sit well with a lot of the fans of other teams. Not Vegas's fault, but they still get caught up in it.

Hey, if your team wins I'll be glad for you.

Actually, not a big fan of Florida either. Tkachuk is a really good player - very clutch (at least these playoffs), but he's kind of a dick, too. Good to see Bobrovsky have a nice comeback. Just not a fan of the team.

Would have liked to see Carolina get to the final. I really have a lot of respect for what I know of Rod. I wish the Ducks could have him as a coach.