• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

I just watched a news item on Fox 5. They had the Stanley Cup in studio along with the keeper of the Cup. He is the man who travels with it wherever it goes and ensures its safety. I was fascinated listening to him talk about its history and all of the places that it has gone. It has been literally all over the world, and to "every US state except Hawaii, and to every Canadian province and territory." The oldest band is removed every 13 years and kept at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. As far as rules, he said that you can touch it, kiss it or hug it, but the honor of hoisting it must be earned. It weighs about 35 pounds and it stands roughly three feet tall.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 5/31/2023 at 1:51 PM, deepdrive said:

Isn't one criteria for becoming Toronto's coach that your ok with being trashed and then fired in a couple years?

From listening to discussion on NHL Network, the main problem in Toronto has been that the GM is little more than a figurehead, continually overruled by management but still being held accountable for results. Several hosts on the network have openly questioned why anyone would take the job.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

From listening to discussion on NHL Network, the main problem in Toronto has been that the GM is little more than a figurehead, continually overruled by management but still being held accountable for results. Several hosts on the network have openly questioned why anyone would take the job.

Talent equal to Edmonton and like Edmonton, can't do much with it. There has to be something wrong there.

Another commonality of the two: Goalie always seems to be a secondary consideration.

18 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Popular opinion is this is a 7-game series. I don't see it.

If Florida figures out how to beat Vegas's defense they take it in 6; if not, Vegas in 5.

Figure that Florida is a bit rusty.  They have been off for over a week I think. 

On 6/1/2023 at 6:58 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I just watched a news item on Fox 5. They had the Stanley Cup in studio along with the keeper of the Cup. He is the man who travels with it wherever it goes and ensures its safety. I was fascinated listening to him talk about its history and all of the places that it has gone. It has been literally all over the world, and to "every US state except Hawaii, and to every Canadian province and territory." The oldest band is removed every 13 years and kept at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. As far as rules, he said that you can touch it, kiss it or hug it, but the honor of hoisting it must be earned. It weighs about 35 pounds and it stands roughly three feet tall.

Phil Pritchard is one of the keepers (i think there are two others). He's a fun guy to talk to. I imagine he's got more stories than can possibly be recorded.

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Pierre-Luc Dubois Has Requested A Trade

All the talent.  But a very 'me' player.  Winnipeg should trade him to Phoenix, if they aren't going to get much for him.

He’s one of the players on my list to be the 2C for the Avs this season. Give him Landeskog’s money this year then let him go to Montreal if that’s really his thing 

34 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

They listed D guys still available and failed to include Shattenkirk - another of our quality D guys getting slighted.

But, they included Klingburg ??????   Really?  Because he's not a Duck anymore?

But but lockerroom presence.