• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So what would Maddon have done differently?

• beatlesrule changed the title to So what would Maddon have done differently?

Honest question, other than the 24-13 start, what has Maddon done to inspire confidence in those who have it in him?

Is it because of his Halos ties?

The more we hear, the more coming out that there were issues in the clubhouse.

130-148 record since being hired.

Even lower division teams can get off to good starts, and then eventually fall back, like this season.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Well considering he pinch hit Suzuki for ANYONE in the line up with the game on the line, not to mention for Marsh who is one of the best on the team with RISP in the bottom of the 10th (at least he was 2 weeks ago) makes me think that kool aid punch bowl is still alive and well in the Angels clubhouse...

5 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Well considering he pinch hit Suzuki for ANYONE in the line up with the game on the line, not to mention for Marsh who is one of the best on the team with RISP in the bottom of the 10th (at least he was 2 weeks ago) makes me think that kool aid punch bowl is still alive and well in the Angels clubhouse...

Marsh had been shit all night and it was against a lefty. I was good with him bringing in Suzuki there 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Marsh had been shit all night and it was against a lefty. I was good with him bringing in Suzuki there 

Very few are stoked that Suzuki is on the roster but he is a veteran and you have to be able to ask a veteran to take on a pinch hitting responsibility like that.

I guess I am saying if I am bothered by him pinch hitting, it is really that I am bothered he is on the team.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Very few are stoked that Suzuki is on the roster but he is a veteran and you have to be able to ask a veteran to take on a pinch hitting responsibility like that.

I guess I am saying if I am bothered by him pinch hitting, it is really that I am bothered he is on the team.

Makes sense 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Marsh has potential, but also a lot of work to do as a hitter.

I expressed quite a bit of concern about Marsh as a hitter last year (having some SLG is high in my list) and got torched for it.  I still am concerned.

He has a big enough physical frame to have some hope.  But at some point I want to actually see it and not be stuck with just a hope based on his height and weight.

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I expressed quite a bit of concern about Marsh as a hitter last year (having some SLG is high in my list) and got torched for it.  I still am concerned.

He has a big enough physical frame to have some hope.  But at some point I want to actually see it and not be stuck with just a hope based on his height and weight.

He's 24 with 400 AB in the majors. How about we give him some time to develop his game.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's 24 with 400 AB in the majors. How about we give him some time to develop his game.

Of course.  But I am concerned.  I am not in the camp that automatically thinks this guy is going to be a complete player (with some power).

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Of course.  But I am concerned.  I am not in the camp that automatically thinks this guy is going to be a complete player (with some power).

I'm not concerned because he's 24 with 400 AB in the majors.