• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Is there a program or some software that I can use to translate this?

Yes.  Daredevil was hyped up to be a 1/9 favorite.  He left the gate fine, but was in last place.  He faded in the backstretch, and was pulled up in the turn for home.  He never finished or competed.  Next race, people were still stupid enough to still make him the 1/9 favorite, when in reality he just sucks and is the 1/9 favorite because of the owner.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yes.  Daredevil was hyped up to be a 1/9 favorite.  He left the gate fine, but was in last place.  He faded in the backstretch, and was pulled up in the turn for home.  He never finished or competed.  Next race, people were still stupid enough to still make him the 1/9 favorite, when in reality he just sucks and is the 1/9 favorite because of the owner.

why didn't you just say that in the first place?

On 3/20/2017 at 0:12 PM, NJHalo said:

I saw Peter Krause at Madison Square Garden last week for the NY Rangers vs. Lightning game.  I couldn't remember who he was, I just knew he was someone I should recognize. Not many people bothered him, so I guess he is anonymous enough looking.

Maybe he was with O'Brien?

O'Brien was stuck in Chicago. He was probably with Dylan Murphy.

Beauty and the Beast was great.

Visually absolutely stunning. I thought everyone did a great job bringing that same vibe of the original (which I hadn't seen since I was a kid). Just very well done, entertaining movie.

Also Alamo Draft House is legit. Heavy drinks, some of the best ribs in the city, and great upscale bar to have more cocktails after the movie called Bull vs Bear.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:09 PM, NJHalo said:

Going retro. Watching recorded episodes of Kolchak: The Night Stalker starring Darren McGavin. What a great show this was.

Cheesy, and some aged special effects, but great show none-the-less

If you liked the series, then you need to check out the movie that the series is based on, The Night Stalker. You won't be disappointed.

On 3/24/2017 at 0:08 PM, katrinab said:

nope that is season 2, book 2

there is quite a bit of back and forth with the time travel in this book/season and frankly its very boring up until the last few episodes

I agree that the second season was really boring and I was going to stop watching, but I hung on and the ending did pick up.  Will watch a few episodes of the third season to see if I continue watching.

16 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

I agree that the second season was really boring and I was going to stop watching, but I hung on and the ending did pick up.  Will watch a few episodes of the third season to see if I continue watching.

i dont know if you have read any of the books, but the 3rd book is really good. it involves quite a bit  of  travel and some flat out crazy things. i am very interested to see how they portray it on the show

I loved Season 2...some fabulous lines. Mike Milligan was an awesome character.

Lou Solverson: Gotta ask you your business here. 
Mike Milligan: Maybe I'm the owner. 
Lou Solverson: Nope. met the owner this mornin'. 
Mike Milligan: Is that right? Maybe tell us where he is. Make a few bucks. 
Lou Solverson: Say, you wouldn't by any chance be Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers, would ya? 
Mike Milligan: You make us sound like a prog rock band... "Ladies and gentlemen. Introducing... Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brothers." 
[one of the kitchen brothers grabs his gun] 
Mike Milligan: Double Whoops! 
Lou Solverson: [raising his gun] Easy! 
Mike Milligan: [in mocking Minnesota accent] Minnesota cop! You do know you're in North Dakota, right? 
Lou Solverson: Musta got lost on the way to the lake. 
Mike Milligan: So, where'd ya say you saw ol' Skip? 
Lou Solverson: At your mother's house. I think goin' in the back door. 
Mike Milligan: I like him. I like you. Met another fella from Minnesota yesterday. Big guy. Sheriff, I think. I liked him too. 
Lou Solverson: We're a very friendly people. 
Mike Milligan: No! That's not it. Pretty unfriendly actually. But it's the way you're unfriendly. How you're so polite about it. 
[in a more stark tone] 
Mike Milligan: Like you're doin me a favor. 

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0315446/quotes

14 hours ago, Lou said:

Broadchurch is back! (Season 3 on now) 

I've only watched the first episode, but it looks like it'll be another great season. 

There are 5 episodes out. I watched 2 last night. Seems as well made as the first 2 were. They have incorporated some of the main characters from past seasons into a new crime with some different people. 

Thanks Lou. 

39 minutes ago, cezero said:

I'm betting people are using special online websites that might not actually be permitted to stream the episodes. 

That's how I watched season 2 of Broadchurch. Not sure I'm interested in Season 3. Seems like it's gone about as far as it can go while maintaining excellence. Hope I'm wrong. Looking forward to some reviews. I won't be a baby about spoilers, either. 

yup

Takes a little patience and finesse, but pretty much everything is out there to stream. 

7 minutes ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

The stairwell fightscene in Daredevil season 2 was awesome.  Season 1 is admittedly better outside of that fight scene.

This is true but I think mainly because the main bad guy in season 1 (Fisk) is one of the best Marvel bad guys around.  Better villain than most of the movies even.

51 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is true but I think mainly because the main bad guy in season 1 (Fisk) is one of the best Marvel bad guys around.  Better villain than most of the movies even.

Fisk was a great character.  I just don't like that he was so easily taken down.  The Netflix people have been doing such a good job on the villains, and the sub-heroes. 

I'm halfway through Iron Fist.  It started out promising, then went off the rails quick.  It's the similar character to Daredevil, and it's to the point, I hate hate hate them.