• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched a documentary on Amazon video called DePalma. About Brian DePalma, obviously. Really interesting, even if you're not a fan of his films. He definitely looks at things a lot differently than most people. Never knew that he was a super intelligent mathematician. Was into physics and almost went that direction with his career until he got caught up with film school geeks.

Manchester by the Sea -- 5/5

This film definitely won't be for everyone, but it definitely lives up to the hype for me. Casey Affleck is spot on and deserves to be the front runner for best actor this year. Michelle Williams and the actor who plays the teenager (name escapes me) are also awesome. It's a haunting film that displays all the stages of grief. I absolutely loved it. I will definitely be revisiting this film and be thinking about it for awhile. 

On a side note, I had to trek out to Irvine to see it...that little 6 screen theater by UCI is nice but damn tons of older people who don't know how to STFU during a film and the parking situation is a mess. 

Hoping to get around to Nocturnal Animals this week. 

5 hours ago, cezero said:

rectify never "picks up" because it's really not about plot. 

all about character.  

I've heard rumors that in the series finale Daniel goes back to prison but Jack Bauer and Raymond Reddington break him out. 

Watched a documentary called Burzynski: Cancer Cure Cover Up on Amazon Prime Video. Really interesting. The FDA has gone through great lengths to prevent this doctor from practicing and patenting his cancer meds and treatments; treatments that have been proven to completely remove malignant tumors in cases that were essentially thought to be lost causes by standard medicine. I was amazed that I had never heard of this before. It's pretty alarming how far governmental institutions will go to suppress treatments that won't earn them profits.

30 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Yeah, they've brought him to trial a couple of times. The first time it took 4 or 5 grand juries before they were able to get an indictment. He was never convicted. If you believe the documentary, it's essentially been a witch hunt by the FDA and the Texas Medical Board to keep him from making his meds public. They even tried to patent his antineoplastons concoction behind his back (all while claiming that it was ineffective and dangerous), so they could market it themselves. It didn't work because he already held like 20 patents on it. It seems really crooked what they've put the guy through. The documentary said that this trial should have a decision by the end of this year. By the way, this article is completely contradictory to the patient stories and reasons why he was being brought to trial that were explained in the film. So I guess it depends on who to believe, the mainstream media or an independent filmmaker who presents some pretty striking firsthand accounts and evidence. One thing about the article that is completely false is this statement: "There's no verifiable evidence antineoplastons work. Nor are they the gentle treatment Burzynski claims them to be." The FDA, scientists, researchers, and doctors all over the world have all acknowledged that they work; sure, for some people more than others, but they work. The ones who won't acknowledge their effectiveness are the ones who are either aligned with big pharmaceutical companies, making too much money promoting current cancer treatments, or are flat out too lazy to do any research on the topic. The only reason the FDA make claims that the research is inconclusive is because they were conducting research improperly for years and years. It's all in the film. You should check it out. I think it's on both Amazon and Netflix. You can watch it on the documentary website too.

11 hours ago, cezero said:

Jason Bourne

The SWAT romp through Vegas was gratuitous, but other than that, it was fine. I'd put it ahead of Bourne Supremacy, but slightly behind Identity, and well behind Ultimatum. 

Have you read the books? Some of the best stories out there.

Have actually been to theater quite a lot recently. Would recommend all of the following recent releases:

Nocturnal Animals (opening credits notwithstanding)

Manchester by the Sea

The Edge of Seventeen

Jackie

Elle

The Handmaiden

Still quite a few more later this month I hope to check out too. Like La La Land, Rogue One, Paterson, Silence, etc...

On 12/10/2016 at 9:36 PM, cezero said:

Jason Bourne

The SWAT romp through Vegas was gratuitous, but other than that, it was fine. I'd put it ahead of Bourne Supremacy, but slightly behind Identity, and well behind Ultimatum. 

Whatever the first was called was great