• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Anyone watching Texas Rising?  Kind of in the same category as Hatfields and McCoys.  Interesting to learn some new stuff of what happened after the Alamo.

Thanks.

Pulled up this thread to specifically ask about it

My wife if I wanted to watch the Bruce Jenner interview.

I said why? It's none of my business.

She said I might a better understanding of him.

Any of you fellows going to watch this?

Edited by Redondo

Entourage

Solid if you followed or liked the series. Never going to win any awards and the same fun bullshit in a two hour version so each character had their moments. Good wrap up, but the thing that was cool for fans of the show is that you expected the great Ari moments, but they stood out more because of the time off, so there was the nostalgia aspect to watching everyone all over again.

The thing that really stood out is the possibility for some good movies to come out in the near future:

Southpaw

Bond: Spectre

Black Mass (I really hope this is Blow 2)

Ted 2

And I feel like there is another trailer or two they showed that has potential. But yeah, only one super hero trailer this time (The Ant or something about an ant that looks terrible)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dwayne Johnson's asking for some 'Big Trouble' from 20th Century Fox

Ok, maybe it will be good.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

smh. There is ZERO chance you can remake that movie....leave perfect alone.

The scene with kurt russell in the wheelchair having the chit chat with lopan is gold

"2000 years and he cant find one broad to fit the bill, cmon dave you must be doing something seriously wrong"

I hope that mongolian looking dude with the fu manchu that ate candy bars in die hard and tortured martin riggs is till around

I watch it every couple of years.

I really enjoyed The Pacific, too, though I like BoB better. I think The Pacific was unfairly compared to BoB, though. Far more people were willing to talk about their experiences on the European Front. They had more outlets to maintain their humanity than on the Pacific Front. It was miserable, of course, but they had access to food, water and women most of the time. The Pacific front was so horrific, it was hard to find people willing to talk about it. It had to be a different type of storytelling for a miniseries than for BoB.

Glad you guys brought BOB up.

I LOVE that series. Got addicted to studying their campaign, they were involved in some of the biggest actions of the war, right place right time kind of thing.

The pacific didnt do it for me. It seemed too choppy and aside from leckie most of the characters didnt really do it for me.

As far as the difference between the pacific theater and ETO, yeah, the guys in europe had some perks...prior to landing. Afterwards maybe some to a point. But you could easily argue they had it worse in europe.

Case in point....the army lost more people at the bulge (in 6 weeks) than the USMC lost in the entire pacfic war. And the bulge overshadowed the hurtgen campaign, which no one except history geeks like me really remembers (which again dwarfed any pacific campaign).

Heres another pretty unknown fact. The general feeling is that the Marines fought in the PTO with the Army on the ETO. While its true there were no Marines in europe, the Army was very much involved in the pacific...19K Marines KIA in the pacific..30K sailors (the japanese navy was top tier)....roughly 100K soldiers.

The Marine Corps does a very good job reminding its own and outsiders of its history, the army not so much. Names like Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal and Saipan are very much remembered. The Phillipines campaign, the largest campaign of the pacific war, not so much, nor any of the other non-Marine actions. Not at all taking anything away from the "Nimitz" campaign, just that the Marine Corps is very good at "politically campaigning" so to speak.

On a side note, in terms of BOB and The Pacific, theyre in the initial stages of the next series which focuses on the 8th Air Force bomber crews....

Well, I didn't say whether I did enjoy it or not.

The cinematography lacks a bit and is shaky, but it starts off with a bang and you can see the myriad of angles the show can go.

With the Mad Men finale there were sites that compared series finales and a couple rated The Shield highly.