• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The overall picture

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The last two losses are clearly on Maddon’s bullpen management.

I just posted in the bullpen thread asking the opposite.  

Is it really?  I mean I don't agree with him most of the time but why aren't the players performing?  

I could be totally off base but these guys they've spent millions on just aren't performing.  Tepera and Loup are supposed to be Joe's rocks.  His late inning high leverage guys.  He went into the season thinking this and now he's tasked with reallocating everyone's pen roles?  I just don't think he's gonna do that.  And I've said all along that I think Tepera is just another guy and Loup had the great year but before that he was just ok.  

I guess I was hopeful that they signed these guys because they figured something out.  But in reality, it's just more of the same and expected reliever volatility.  

52 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I just posted in the bullpen thread asking the opposite.  

Is it really?  I mean I don't agree with him most of the time but why aren't the players performing?  

I could be totally off base but these guys they've spent millions on just aren't performing.  Tepera and Loup are supposed to be Joe's rocks.  His late inning high leverage guys.  He went into the season thinking this and now he's tasked with reallocating everyone's pen roles?  I just don't think he's gonna do that.  And I've said all along that I think Tepera is just another guy and Loup had the great year but before that he was just ok.  

I guess I was hopeful that they signed these guys because they figured something out.  But in reality, it's just more of the same and expected reliever volatility.  

I've been wondering if Tepera's struggles are related to the crackdown on sticky substances. It could explain the lack of control and spin on his slider

11 minutes ago, Swiss Angel Fan said:

I've been wondering if Tepera's struggles are related to the crackdown on sticky substances. It could explain the lack of control and spin on his slider

maybe.  he did well last year though and the crack down happened before that.  Just not sure he's all that good.  

• 2 weeks later...