• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

4 hours ago, cals said:

While I can appreciate that poor customer service is practically the state sport of Hawaii, if you run a business that caters to parents of small children who have been on an airplane with said children for at least 6 hours and said children think it’s 3 hours later than local time and want dinner and bed ASAP, it’s probably best to be on time to conduct your transaction with said parents/customers.

What was the total value of the proposed transaction?

5 hours ago, cals said:

While I can appreciate that poor customer service is practically the state sport of Hawaii, if you run a business that caters to parents of small children who have been on an airplane with said children for at least 6 hours and said children think it’s 3 hours later than local time and want dinner and bed ASAP, it’s probably best to be on time to conduct your transaction with said parents/customers.

okay. 

i'll make a few calls. BRB.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Kotchman said:

She’s not fooling me. What I heard is the black population isn’t large enough to provide 3 different black dudes 4times a week. 

On 8/5/2022 at 3:36 AM, katie said:

Update: she moved to North Carolina. 

Anyone who doubts the brilliance of KC only needs to see this amazing call and all doubts should be gone.

2 hours ago, cals said:

Anyone who doubts the brilliance of KC only needs to see this amazing call and all doubts should be gone.

Yes , I bet she’s in Charlotte or the triad. Those cities will keep her busy M-f and provide access to the darker meat in sc northern Virginia on weekends. 

So I’m back from The Big Island or “La Isla Grande” as half the people on my plane probably called it. (25% of the rest called it “האי הגדול” and the other 25% probably called it “yo! Dis be a mofo big Ayysss island, son!”)

This is my review.  The island is big.  And it’s pretty cool.  The landscape changes faster than on the Genesis planet from Star Trek.  I enjoyed that I’d be in a desert one minute and like 2 minutes later it’s a jungle or a barren mountain or the hills of Ireland or a lava field or volcano.  Really cool.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be to not go with my kids.  They’re awful people and have really mastered the art of ruining vacations.

But if you can go with not my kids than I’d give it a thumbs up.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:17 AM, cals said:

So I’m back from The Big Island or “La Isla Grande” as half the people on my plane probably called it. (25% of the rest called it “האי הגדול” and the other 25% probably called it “yo! Dis be a mofo big Ayysss island, son!”)

This is my review.  The island is big.  And it’s pretty cool.  The landscape changes faster than on the Genesis planet from Star Trek.  I enjoyed that I’d be in a desert one minute and like 2 minutes later it’s a jungle or a barren mountain or the hills of Ireland or a lava field or volcano.  Really cool.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be to not go with my kids.  They’re awful people and have really mastered the art of ruining vacations.

But if you can go with not my kids than I’d give it a thumbs up.

Just be happy you weren't stuck with them on the small island.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Don said:

Leaving tomorrow for Spain. Ended up settling on a Madrid>Granada>Malaga>Seville>Toledo>Madrid itinerary. Gives us two nights everywhere other than Malaga and Toledo. Also cuts down the rail travel times to 3-ish hours or less between every stop.

You should read, The Sun Also Rises on your trip over.

• 3 weeks later...

So my wife’s mom came down to watch the kids for 5 nights and my wife and I came to Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun.  Initially we were going to stay in an Airbnb like usually do but nothing was really that close to the good beach on the island and I found a hotel with a separate bedroom (a necessity these days as my wife goes to bed early and I’ll stay up watching movies or whatever).  Anyways this hotel also had free breakfast.  What I didn’t realize is it also offers all inclusive.  So when we checked in they forced us to put on thick plastic wristbands.  At the time I was slightly annoyed but just wanted to get into the room and grab a beer after a day of traveling.

But as expected after a few hours the thing is driving me crazy (I can’t wear jewelry or watches and shirts or socks that aren’t a cotton/poly blend.  I also rarely wear pants).  

So I’m getting more and more annoyed and I finally ripped it off on Day 2.  I stopped by the front desk for something and the following interaction occurred:

Mexican guy: “sir, where is your bracelet?”  

Me: “I took it off.  

MG: “You must put one back on”

Me: “Not gonna happen”

MG: “I must insist, sir”

Me: “Nothing you say will get me to out this bracelet on”

MG: “I must speak with my manager”

So the manager comes in and she repeats what he says.  I told her that thing wasn’t touching my skin ever again.  After about ten minutes and a very annoyed wife and my refusal to strap it to my ankle or my wife’s purse they agreed to strap it to my wallet.  

At that point I said fuck it and let them put it on my wrist.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

So my wife’s mom came down to watch the kids for 5 nights and my wife and I came to Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun.  Initially we were going to stay in an Airbnb like usually do but nothing was really that close to the good beach on the island and I found a hotel with a separate bedroom (a necessity these days as my wife goes to bed early and I’ll stay up watching movies or whatever).  Anyways this hotel also had free breakfast.  What I didn’t realize is it also offers all inclusive.  So when we checked in they forced us to put on thick plastic wristbands.  At the time I was slightly annoyed but just wanted to get into the room and grab a beer after a day of traveling.

But as expected after a few hours the thing is driving me crazy (I can’t wear jewelry or watches and shirts or socks that aren’t a cotton/poly blend.  I also rarely wear pants).  

So I’m getting more and more annoyed and I finally ripped it off on Day 2.  I stopped by the front desk for something and the following interaction occurred:

Mexican guy: “sir, where is your bracelet?”  

Me: “I took it off.  

MG: “You must put one back on”

Me: “Not gonna happen”

MG: “I must insist, sir”

Me: “Nothing you say will get me to out this bracelet on”

MG: “I must speak with my manager”

So the manager comes in and she repeats what he says.  I told her that thing wasn’t touching my skin ever again.  After about ten minutes and a very annoyed wife and my refusal to strap it to my ankle or my wife’s purse they agreed to strap it to my wallet.  

At that point I said fuck it and let them put it on my wrist.

You have to wear the bracelet man. Them's the rules.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Never give up on your dreams.  And never settle for less than what you believe you can achieve.

Every resort has a different color. They want to make sure the riff raff from the other resorts or people that aren't staying at a resort at all aren't stealing the shit you paid for. 

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Every resort has a different color. They want to make sure the riff raff from the other resorts or people that aren't staying at a resort at all aren't stealing the shit you paid for. 

I’m a 6’2 white guy with a $100 haircut.  Pretty sure I’m not local riff raff.

14 minutes ago, cals said:

Do you make her sleep in the bed with the wet spots too?