• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That was neat

Just now, TroutField said:

And I’ve read enough of yours to realize you come in and Monday morning quarterback everyone. That doesn’t mean you understand the game more than I do lol 

Getting frustrated someone strikes out with a runner in scoring position doesn’t mean you don’t understand the game. 

been watching this game my whole life, I know how it goes. Just because you get to act like you know more than everyone doesn’t mean you actually do. 

You go with that. 

10 hours ago, TroutField said:

And I’ve read enough of yours to realize you come in and Monday morning quarterback everyone. That doesn’t mean you understand the game more than I do lol 

Getting frustrated someone strikes out with a runner in scoring position doesn’t mean you don’t understand the game. 

been watching this game my whole life, I know how it goes. Just because you get to act like you know more than everyone doesn’t mean you actually do. 

I don't want to continue this back and forth but while you aren't entirely wrong about Strad, we need people like him to provide perspective. He's not trying to be a dick he's just pointing out that some people don't celebrate when good things happen; they only chime in when something goes wrong. I think he could have maybe stated it better but that's the ultimate bullet point.

I don't believe you're one of those people btw I'm just saying. Don't take it personally. It's baseball. We all say dumb shit once in a while (some more often than others). 

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't want to continue this back and forth but while you aren't entirely wrong about Strad, we need people like him to provide perspective. He's not trying to be a dick he's just pointing out that some people don't celebrate when good things happen; they only chime in when something goes wrong. I think he could have maybe stated it better but that's the ultimate bullet point.

I don't believe you're one of those people btw I'm just saying. Don't take it personally. It's baseball. We all say dumb shit once in a while (some more often than others). 

It's the internet bravado that can be annoying. 

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

It's the internet bravado that can be annoying. 

Call it bravado if you want.  Bottom line is a lot of fans over react every single day, despite our record.  They also pretend that what happened in the past has any bearing on what happens to a team that has been completely redesigned.  I’ll take bravado that is logical over over-reactionary crybabies.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Call it bravado if you want.  Bottom line is a lot of fans over react every single day, despite our record.  They also pretend that what happened in the past has any bearing on what happens to a team that has been completely redesigned.  I’ll take bravado that is logical over over-reactionary crybabies.  

Maybe there is a higher level of fan that can  react to small things in a single game context regardless of the teams’ overall record.

Theu so play 162 individual games, 9 individual innings per game. . . All creating plenty of individual opportunities for fans to enjoy, analyze, react to, discuss, etc.

No, you are not a “better” fan if you choose to not engage in the ups and downs of small moments just because the teams record is good.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe there is a higher level of fan that can  react to small things in a single game context regardless of the teams’ overall record.

Theu so play 162 individual games, 9 individual innings per game. . . All creating plenty of individual opportunities for fans to enjoy, analyze, react to, discuss, etc.

No, you are not a “better” fan if you choose to not engage in the ups and downs of small moments just because the teams record is good.

No shit. 

14 hours ago, Second Base said:

The play of the game came in the 7th inning when Rendon wasn't ejected for that awful called third strike.

Absolutely @Second Base.  If that was Angel Hernandez, he’s gone.

I’d say the play of the game was the “new” Renigfo, not swinging at ball 4, a pitch he would have probably swung at the last several years.  He showed great patience in that at bat.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I've said it many times before ...

If you don't want to be called out, stop saying stupid shit. 

With all due respect, being reactionary is part of the fan experience for many people.  Being called out for over-reactions is not the problem.  I would argue that the vast majority of posters recognize their over-reactions and own it.  However, some people on this forum seem to make comments personal towards posters a sport.  I just think that banter is not the same as what some folks do on a regular basis.  Your comments calling people "dumbass" are funny and, as I perceive them, friendly banter.

For the record, I feel like I am part of the Lou Dumbass Club.  When do I receive my decoder ring and membership certificate?

I