• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I know quite a few hardcore cons that have EVs. Are there really people that are against the EV auto market as a whole? 

i'm not opposed to owning/driving an EV, not at all.

i'm greatly opposed to gov't mandating to me or anyone else that we have to own one. why? they're expensive cars; i don't think gov't should mandate things like this; for me to own one, i'd have to do a major rewiring of my house (something i doubt my landlord is interested in doing or paying for); i'm concerned that the narrative about how good for the environment EV cars are is BS when you consider how the electricity being used to power them is being produced; i'm concerned that on some level, with EV cars not being able to drive as far as easily as a gas engine car, that there's something nefarious involved in controlling how far you and i can drive (i know, it's diving into the rabbit hole, but when you remember that there have been plans floated in sacramento about installing black boxes on cars so someone can monitor where we drive, how often we drive, and where we drive to, it isn't so far-fetched); i think that also ties in with the problems we have with a power grid that can't stay on during the hottest days of the year, so if you can't run your A/C, then you also won't be able to charge your car; ultimately, i think it's about control of us.

be kind as you now crucify me.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

If Kamala Harris had bought Twitter and didn't give reason, would you have the same opinion?

i don't know. i think she's an idiot so i doubt i'd feel the same way. 

i'm okay with what musk has been doing so far.

57 minutes ago, Tank said:

there's something nefarious involved in controlling how far you and i can drive (i know, it's diving into the rabbit hole, but when you remember that there have been plans floated in sacramento about installing black boxes on cars so someone can monitor where we drive, how often we drive, and where we drive to, it isn't so far-fetched

Not so far fetched.  Installing black boxes to monitor you without your consent is messed up.  We do currently have the insurance industry giving you apps and something to put in your car but you do have the choice is the difference. Since I retired I don't drive much anymore so thought about can I get a discount then said fuck that, I don't want it.  I would just have to haggle with the insurance company when I noticed a small savings passed to me. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm not opposed to owning/driving an EV, not at all.

i'm greatly opposed to gov't mandating to me or anyone else that we have to own one. why? they're expensive cars; i don't think gov't should mandate things like this; for me to own one, i'd have to do a major rewiring of my house (something i doubt my landlord is interested in doing or paying for); i'm concerned that the narrative about how good for the environment EV cars are is BS when you consider how the electricity being used to power them is being produced; i'm concerned that on some level, with EV cars not being able to drive as far as easily as a gas engine car, that there's something nefarious involved in controlling how far you and i can drive (i know, it's diving into the rabbit hole, but when you remember that there have been plans floated in sacramento about installing black boxes on cars so someone can monitor where we drive, how often we drive, and where we drive to, it isn't so far-fetched); i think that also ties in with the problems we have with a power grid that can't stay on during the hottest days of the year, so if you can't run your A/C, then you also won't be able to charge your car; ultimately, i think it's about control of us.

be kind as you now crucify me.

I like conspiracy theory Tank.  

But I agree.  The cost of the car has to come down.  But not only in the production of the electricity has to get better, but the component parts of the batteries have to become cleaner, and still keep improving on their efficiency.  

The distance and the charging is what is going to keep gas cars around.  Not to mention where cars are used.  There is a lot of non urban areas in Calolfornia, where people have to drive 100 miles each way to go grocery shopping.  And it's not 100 miles of urban streets, but miles of mountain and hilly sometimes unpaved terrain, through vast temperatures ranges that just aren't conducive to electric cars.  The EV mandate is probably good for urban areas, but horrible and impractical for 80% of the area outside the 2 big urban areas.  

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

But I agree.  The cost of the car has to come down.  But not only in the production of the electricity has to get better, but the component parts of the batteries have to become cleaner, and still keep improving on their efficiency.  

The distance and the charging is what is going to keep gas cars around.  Not to mention where cars are used.  There is a lot of non urban areas in Calolfornia, where people have to drive 100 miles each way to go grocery shopping.  And it's not 100 miles of urban streets, but miles of mountain and hilly sometimes unpaved terrain, through vast temperatures ranges that just aren't conducive to electric cars.  The EV mandate is probably good for urban areas, but horrible and impractical for 80% of the area outside the 2 big urban areas.  

Prices have been coming down a bit as tech has improved and supply increased. At some point people will naturally move towards more efficient and cost effective fuel. This includes every aspect of life and not just their automobiles. To force the issue like California is doing is not the answer 

34 minutes ago, Redondo said:

@Taylor

You're okay with taking the lords name in vain?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Prices have been coming down a bit as tech has improved and supply increased. At some point people will naturally move towards more efficient and cost effective fuel. This includes every aspect of life and not just their automobiles. To force the issue like California is doing is not the answer 

It's really just Tesla and the other gimmicky EV brands (like Rivian) that overcharge for their vehicles. The EVs from Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, etc. are more or less the same price as the gas versions of the same cars.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's really just Tesla and the other gimmicky EV brands (like Rivian) that overcharge for their vehicles. The EVs from Ford, Chevy, Hyundai, etc. are more or less the same price as the gas versions of the same cars.

The only Ford fully electric car is the Mustang Mach-E that base level is $47k and moves quickly up the ladder to $70k.

Base Mustangs are about $28k. At $70k you are looking at a Cobra. Not the same. 

48 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The only Ford fully electric car is the Mustang Mach-E that base level is $47k and moves quickly up the ladder to $70k.

Base Mustangs are about $28k. At $70k you are looking at a Cobra. Not the same. 

It’s been a while since he was in the new car market. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

it's still quite a bit higher.  The Subaru EV is around 40-50k, where as the regular subs are going for 30-40k.  

The biggest long term problem is the tech in the batteries.  They are improving and changing frequently.  Problem with change is getting replacements.  I.E. the original volt batteries costing 20k, since they are discontinued.  Tesla's are in the 10-20k range from what I hear.  Heck, even a hybrid battery will cost from 5k-20k depending on model.  

It'll be interesting how the lemon laws develop with ev's.  Because I think most people are familiar with how quickly a battery can go from healthy to crap.  And as hybrids and ev's go, the biggest most common complaint I see when people buy used is the battery craps out soon after they buy it, and the replacement is not worth/affordable.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

what they're doing in sacramento is completely pointless until they fix the power grid to handle the increased load. 

unless, of course, there's something sinister in the works . . .

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

me too. maybe it's partly about growing older and wishing things could just be easier. and then you hear someone in politics or that evil lord at the WEF say something insane, and you realize that we've turned a corner and won't ever return to a lot of things that made life easier or at least more logical.

and that probably made me sound a whole lot older than i'd like it to.

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Only in GIF form.

Are you telling me you've never watched Pulp Fiction?

Very strange for a guy who claims to be a Christian

That's the worst swear word there is IMO

It's acceptable to use it in many movies, even when other words are not

Doesn't make it right

25 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Very strange for a guy who claims to be a Christian

That's the worst swear word there is IMO

It's acceptable to use it in many movies, even when other words are not

Doesn't make it right

It's not a word I would use personally.

I would say that your steadfast and enthusiastic support of Donald Trump, someone who is the opposite of Jesus Christ in every way, is far more offensive to God than a GIF.

Lol, you truly have TDS

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

It's not a word I would use personally.

But you just posted it

I would say that your steadfast and enthusiastic support of Donald Trump, someone who is the opposite of Jesus Christ in every way, is far more offensive to God than a GIF.

Deflecting with Trump is so progressive 🤣