• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

On 4/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, Jason said:

The “hard right” are the Q folks. The mainstream Republicans have always believed in lower taxes, 2A rights and opposed abortion. 

They also support state governments punishing corporations for exercising their free speech.

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

They simply evened the playing field. Disney should have never been allowed their status to begin with.

Yet he didn't pull it from The Villages. So he's not apposed to these special districts it was done simply for political retribution.

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

I thought you guys hated big corporations

I do. But I hate government hypocrisy even more.

I also have a hypocritical soft spot for Disney. I just think it's lollerific that bakeries should be allowed to refuse service to gay people, Hobby Lobby should be allowed to refuse forms of birth control to employees, and El Paso should be forced to allow Chick-fil-A to open in its airport.

But as soon as Disney starts doing stuff conservatives don't like, conservatives cheer on a GOP governor who removes their tax-exempt benefits.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Interesting sequence of events:

1. Elon Musk buys twitter 
  2. Obama is rolled out to talk about how censorship is good 
  3. Government shares new Disinformation Governance Board
  4. Supreme Court leak on Roe v. Wade, everyone forgets the government now has a Ministry of Truth

I got sumpin' brand new for that ass

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Interesting sequence of events:

1. Elon Musk buys twitter 
  2. Obama is rolled out to talk about how censorship is good 
  3. Government shares new Disinformation Governance Board
  4. Supreme Court leak on Roe v. Wade, everyone forgets the government now has a Ministry of Truth

Do you think that a private entity like Twitter having a TOS is actually censorship according to the definition of the Constitution?

12 minutes ago, St1ck said:

If ya got beef then ni**a eat a pork chop

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind
Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a loc'd out gangsta, set trippin' banger
And my homies is down so don't arouse my anger

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Do you think that a private entity like Twitter having a TOS is actually censorship according to the definition of the Constitution?

Lots of elements to consider. For one, I don't have an inherent issue with moderation. To a degree. I think there needs to be a differentiation between decorum and content/ideas. You moderate for decorum - no death threats, etc - but not for content, or only minimally and/or in extreme circumstances. 

Also, Twitter is a private company, but is essentially a public commons (which is pretty much what Musk said). And Twitter wasn't accounted for by the Founding Fathers, and thus we can't simply ask, "What does the Constitution say about social media?" Obviously it says nothing. Twitter is neither the town square nor is it a private club, but somewhere between both, and perhaps a bit of something else.

And of course if we continually take the attitude, "If you don't like the rules, go somewhere else," we not only ignore the fact of social media monopolies, but it just tribalizes us further. There's something to be said about creating spaces in which any and all views can be expressed, as long as they don't advocate for direct violence. Meaning, there's a crucial difference between "Trannies are unnatural and gross" and "Kill all trannies." The former is just an opinion, no matter how deplorable, the latter is a suggestion of violent action.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind
Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a loc'd out gangsta, set trippin' banger
And my homies is down so don't arouse my anger

Such a great song. This is how I imagine your everyday teaching life is.