• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

On 5/20/2022 at 8:35 AM, Taylor said:

But what if it's true? And why does it matter that it's "several years old"?

If you're a public figure, you should avoid being a creepy pervert if you don't want your chickens to come home to roost.

If no one cared about it when it happened, why should we care about it now?

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think it's a fair question. We expend quit a bit of moral outrage today about past events that garnered no outrage at the time. It makes me wonder more about context than the event itself.

Well it's obvious the timing here is "convenient". I'm guessing it's bullshit.

But generally speaking, I don't agree with your initial statement. I'm going to assume this flight attendant didn't come forward earlier is because it didn't happen. 

But sometimes no one cared about it because they legitimately were scared to come forward. Maybe it was a family member. Or a close friend. Maybe they were ashamed. I'm using assault as the example here but I think there are plenty of situations where you definitely should care about something that was essentially ignored before. 

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well it's obvious the timing here is "convenient". I'm guessing it's bullshit.

But generally speaking, I don't agree with your initial statement. I'm going to assume this flight attendant didn't come forward earlier is because it didn't happen. 

But sometimes no one cared about it because they legitimately were scared to come forward. Maybe it was a family member. Or a close friend. Maybe they were ashamed. I'm using assault as the example here but I think there are plenty of situations where you definitely should care about something that was essentially ignored before. 

That's why I say my first thought goes to context rather than anything relating to the claim itself. If something has been suppressed for years despite people talking about it and it finally gets out you won't see a discernible change in context. If someone has been holding it in for years and only now speaks up there has to be a contextual change for that to happen, even if it exists solely within that person.

I think a significantly more interesting question is whether Musk actually wanted to buy Twitter at all.  From the beginning of all this I’ve had my doubts.  And it seems to me that it’s likelier and likelier that he’ll renege.  Which, lol will cost him a lot of money.  But hey, he’ll have tanked the stock.  Truly.  A poster at heart.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

As far as these allegations.  I just don’t understand the rush to crucify or defend the guy.  I don’t understand why people are interested in this.  99% of the people involved in this debate are mostly clueless about the details here.  If you don’t know anything about it why do you care ?

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

As far as these allegations.  I just don’t understand the rush to crucify or defend the guy.  I don’t understand why people are interested in this.  99% of the people involved in this debate are mostly clueless about the details here.  If you don’t know anything about it why do you care ?

Not knowing anything describes 85% of liberal voters. 

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think a significantly more interesting question is whether Musk actually wanted to buy Twitter at all.  From the beginning of all this I’ve had my doubts.  And it seems to me that it’s likelier and likelier that he’ll renege.  Which, lol will cost him a lot of money.  But hey, he’ll have tanked the stock.  Truly.  A poster at heart.  

The economics have changed pretty significantly since the deal was agreed to.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ll just say that Musk has a pretty good history of market manipulation and what should be regarded as securities fraud.  

Twitter is the entity committed to fraud. They report having 56 million US users but if only the 11 million Biden bots are removed that's about a 19.5% devaluation. There are obviously more than what are following one political candidate so what real value is Twitter worth when you remove non marketable accounts?

And they knew their valuation was bullshit. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What a guy !

Screenshot_20220601-222025.png

You love victims, man.

Until this person’s immediate supervisor tells them to do something, the Twitter postings of the Asperger’s owner doesn’t hold a lot of legal weight.

And I agree with him.  

Despite what Harper’s Bazaar or Cosmo or Good Housekeeping (what an awesome name, btw) or wherever you get your news, most people are shit remote workers and need to get their asses back to the office.

6 hours ago, cals said:

You love victims, man.

Until this person’s immediate supervisor tells them to do something, the Twitter postings of the Asperger’s owner doesn’t hold a lot of legal weight.

And I agree with him.  

Despite what Harper’s Bazaar or Cosmo or Good Housekeeping (what an awesome name, btw) or wherever you get your news, most people are shit remote workers and need to get their asses back to the office.

Confidently wrong.

https://www.apollotechnical.com/working-from-home-productivity-statistics/#:~:text=Several studies over the past,and are 47% more productive.

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

That’s because they get to masturbate and work at the same time. You can’t/shouldn’t do that at the office 

Word on the street is you learned that lesson the hard way.

Pun intended.