• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Actually does Allagash distribute to CA? I thought they did.

TBH, I haven’t heard of that one. I’ll look for it now. I enjoy beer and like to support local breweries but I am truly a bourbon guy these days 

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter erupts after board endorses Musk’s bid for platform

Twitter users reacted in shock and awe Tuesday to the news that Twitter’s board of directors endorsed Musk’s offer to buy the social media company.

Fox Business reported on Tuesday that Twitter’s board "unanimously recommended" that its shareholders vote to approve Musk’s $44 billion bid to buy the company. A SEC filing from Tuesday revealed the board’s recommendation.

It stated that the Twitter board has "determined that the merger agreement is advisable and the merger and the other transactions contemplated by the merger agreement are fair to, advisable and in the best interests of Twitter and its stockholders; and (2) adopted and approved the merger."

After the news of the board's vote, Musk is one step closer to acquiring ownership of Twitter, a move many critics are still unsure would happen.

Washington Times columnist Tim Young mocked hysterical leftist in a tweet, writing, "The Twitter board unanimously recommended approving Elon Musk's $44 billion takeover... so get ready for all the leftists who said they'd leave Twitter... to not leave Twitter."

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  Now I can see Elon paying the $1 billion opt out to get out of the deal.  No way will he pay close to 50% more than what the stock is worth.

The market overall is down right now but yeah 50% premium is high.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yeah I don't think it was 50% when he made the offer. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well it looks like at least for the moment he will take a loss on it 

Edited by St1ck

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Well it looks like at least for the moment he will a loss on it 

Yeah he's paying a big premium unless he gets out of it somehow. Otherwise the market will rebound eventually.